Async WSAConnect failed on XP with error code = 2 ("File not found")


Posted on 16th Feb 2014 07:03 pm by admin

Hi all,

I have very strange bug, please help me if you can.

Did you know?Explore Trending and Topic pages for more stories like this.
It is reproduced only on these conditions : WinXP, VS2005, VS2008, build in debug, execute without debugging.

On any other configuration or OS this code works fine.
Also works ok with old VC6.0.
I Tested it also on another XP just in case, same behavior.

I've isolated problematic code in a simple console application (no threads etc).
Just putting :
WSAEventSelect(...., FD_CONNECT | FD_READ | FD_CLOSE)
before WSAConnect, and WSAConnect will fail with error code 2 (means : File not found).
Which is not described in MSDN...also this is fail code when it really cannot connect (server is down or invalid).

If I remove WSAEventSelect (i.e. sync connect) all works.
If I debug code, all works.
If I put break point on WSAConnect line and run this app outside studio, then reach this breakpoint (start debugging) and step through WSAConnect WITH debugger it works....

I'm unable to find anything in the net about this strange behavior.
Also I'm trying to connect to FTP server, which works fine.
I'm attaching full code. It only test WSAConnect in async mode, nothing more.

10x,
Filip
No comments posted yet

Your Answer:

Login to answer
107 Like 25 Dislike
Previous forums Next forums
Other forums

CURL XML Request [From C to PHP]
Hi,

I need some help converting this into something that will work with PHP.

Code: #

Unifying logins of two different scripts
I have two different game scripts which I want to embed on my own site. The problem is I don't want

First root of a number
Hi,

I can't find any function in php to give me the first root of a number.
Is there any

how can i expire the submitted page using session.
hi,
i'm new to php world.
i'm using "post" method.
when i submit it,data goes to

Search with relational database
Hey,

I have quite a complicated (for me anyway ) relational database for an apartments syste

Need help: how to catch acess of undefined class properties
Hello. I am learning OO with PHP and have hit a problem.
Some code runs as perfectly valid code,

using variables in another page
I have a test database set up on localhost. I have a form that I can type a name into, hit the butto

Mail form doesn't send Russian/Cyrillic characters correctly?
When someone enters foreign characters (like Cyrillic text, and Japanese/Chinese probably gives the

error checking breaking my code
Hi there, OK first of all, big apologies for what I assume is really fundamental errors in the struc

Timer control causing error
I recently decided to add a timer control to an existing page that uses AJAX on my site. As soon as

Sign up to write
Sign up now if you have flare of writing..
Login   |   Register
Follow Us
Indyaspeak @ Facebook Indyaspeak @ Twitter Indyaspeak @ Pinterest RSS



Play Free Quiz and Win Cash