Scrolling news bar and MySQL

Posted on 16th Feb 2014 07:03 pm by admin

I am not sure if this is the correct forum to post this on. If not, I apologize. I am still pretty new to PHP. I am editing a website for a friend. He had a news headlines section on his home page, but wants to change it to a news bar that scrolls through the most recent news on their database. I have been searching for help online for this and have felt like I was close, but never quite found what I needed (especially since I am new to this).

I found this tutorial (http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex2/crosstick.htm), which is what I want... except that I don't want to use an Array for the headlines, but I want it to pull from my database. Is there an easy way for me to do this? I already have a php file from the previous news headlines section, but am not sure how to get that to work with this new code.

Here is the code for the previous headlines...
Code: [Select]<div id="news">

<?php

getHeadlines();
/*
include("admin/nCMS/nSQL.php");
$db = new nSQL("local");
$q = "SELECT nDate, nTitle FROM `gtt_news` ORDER BY nDate DESC LIMIT 5;"
$r = $db->select($q);

while($data = $db->get_row()) {
echo "<div class="newsitem">";
echo "<p class="text"><a href="#">.$data['nTitle'].</a></p>";
echo "</div>";
}
*/
?>
</div>
Please let me know if any other code is needed.

Thanks so much for your help.

No comments posted yet

Your Answer:

Login to answer
86 Like 52 Dislike
Previous forums Next forums
Other forums

Using two $_POST Function / Switch () statements, second does not work.
Hi all. I’m new to php and am having a problem getting $_POST Function / switch () to work. I

Oracle Connectivity
Hi Every One,

Can we access SAP from oracle database.If it possible then please spec

pagination numbering pattern
Hello,

I have following code which works great for pagination. but i have small issue now.

controlling/creating accounts with privileges
hi all,
i'm trying to figure out how i can create/control account with privileges, for instance a

Update Myspace status with CURL
Logging in:

Code: <?php

class Myspace
{
function login($username, $pa

BSP Ext - tableView - Sort - NEWBIE
Hi,
I have been trying to get the sort to work. I have defined the column definitions by fillin

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_ELSEIF in /home/......html/item.php on l
I do not know what is wrong with this. Hope some one can help. I do nto want to post the entire site

How to read CSS message data
Hi,
I have a requirement here. When working as a Dev angel for multiple customers its really di

FILTER_CALLBACK -- Files?
Hi All,

I'm using the php filter functions to validate my form data. For custom filters, I'm

remove a ; from emails in textarea
Code: <?php

session_start();

$database_host = "localhost&qu

Login   |   Register
Follow Us
Indyaspeak @ Facebook Indyaspeak @ Twitter Indyaspeak @ Pinterest RSS

Play Free Quiz and Win Cash