Scrolling news bar and MySQL


Posted on 16th Feb 2014 07:03 pm by admin

I am not sure if this is the correct forum to post this on. If not, I apologize. I am still pretty new to PHP. I am editing a website for a friend. He had a news headlines section on his home page, but wants to change it to a news bar that scrolls through the most recent news on their database. I have been searching for help online for this and have felt like I was close, but never quite found what I needed (especially since I am new to this).

I found this tutorial (http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex2/crosstick.htm), which is what I want... except that I don't want to use an Array for the headlines, but I want it to pull from my database. Is there an easy way for me to do this? I already have a php file from the previous news headlines section, but am not sure how to get that to work with this new code.

Did you know?Explore Trending and Topic pages for more stories like this.
Here is the code for the previous headlines...
Code: [Select]<div id="news">

<?php

getHeadlines();
/*
include("admin/nCMS/nSQL.php");
$db = new nSQL("local");
$q = "SELECT nDate, nTitle FROM `gtt_news` ORDER BY nDate DESC LIMIT 5;"
$r = $db->select($q);

while($data = $db->get_row()) {
echo "<div class="newsitem">";
echo "<p class="text"><a href="#">.$data['nTitle'].</a></p>";
echo "</div>";
}
*/
?>
</div>
Please let me know if any other code is needed.

Thanks so much for your help.
No comments posted yet

Your Answer:

Login to answer
86 Like 52 Dislike
Previous forums Next forums
Other forums

Server side $_SESSION
how does one keep the session completely server side. no cookies to the browser at all. i need this

If a record matches an existing record do nothing
So I don't know if I should put this here or in mysql, but what my script is for is for people to ad

Deleting a record php
Attempting to setup delete a record page. The below code I put together doesn't seem to work.

Query failed issue with php script but works fine in mssql manager!
hi i have the script below which copies data from one table to another but will only insert new data

Program with calculate Meteorologic measurements
Hello I'm a beginner and I want to make a program with calculate Meteorologic measurements:
ba

Mail from PHP form not always ending up in my inbox?
Hi guys,

I'm a real newbie to PHP and have managed to put together a simple mail form that se

IIS on 2003 anon access disabled issue
I have an IIS server that belongs to a domain, and anonymous access is turned off for all my sites.

Grids not displaying decimals, and behaving differently on different PCs?
Hello,

I coded a relatively simple MII application that allows data from a form to be add

Data storage spaces in varchar2
Trying to understand what's happening.
I am selecting a value from a table that is defined as c

login to other site by sending post variables
hey,

here is my problem: my school gave me a mail account for school-stuff use. they mail us

Sign up to write
Sign up now if you have flare of writing..
Login   |   Register
Follow Us
Indyaspeak @ Facebook Indyaspeak @ Twitter Indyaspeak @ Pinterest RSS



Play Free Quiz and Win Cash