Warning: mysql_num_rows() supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource


Posted on 16th Feb 2014 07:03 pm by admin

This may be simple I just may need another pair of eyes..

When i get records back the below code works just fine, when I get 0 rows back it shows the warning below. As you can see I tried to code for it and you can see that the code works as it echo's my message but I want the warning to go away

Did you know?Explore Trending and Topic pages for more stories like this.
Warning: mysql_num_rows(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in show_coupon_list.php on line 224
No Coupons for this Catogory or Business. Please let us know about the Category that displayed no results so we can contact businesses for you!

Code: $cat_coupons = mysql_query("SELECT a.business_name, a.seq_id, a.state, a.city
FROM users a where a.seq_id = '$cat_coupons_seq_id'");

Code: $cat_num=mysql_num_rows($cat_coupons);
if ($cat_num > 0)
{
while ($row = mysql_fetch_array($cat_coupons))
{
$business_name = $row["business_name"];
$business_id = $row["seq_id"];
$state = $row["state"];
$city = $row["city"];
echo"<tr>
<td align = 'left'>&nbsp;&nbsp;<a href=show_coupon.php?business=".urlencode($business_name).">$business_name &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; $city,$state </a></td>
</tr>";
}
}
else
echo"<tr>
<td>No Coupons for this Catogory or Business. Please let us know about the Category that
displayed no results so we can contact businesses for you!
</td>
</tr>";
No comments posted yet

Your Answer:

Login to answer
348 Like 5 Dislike
Previous forums Next forums
Other forums

Searching keywords from array
Hello everyone, Im just wondering if someone could help me with another issue im having. Im still le

close site for maintenance
i get a tutorial, saying the following code can put our site offline, and only the developer can vie

calculator
I can't figure out why this code doesn't work. No error messages. Page loads.

Code: <

insert Multiple rows into the table from that table data
Hi All,

I have a requirement like to insert mulitple rows into the table from that

PHP Login
Hey!
I got this shopcart code online, am trying to modify it but am getting an error when i try a

sendmail code suddenly not working
Hi Guys, I maintain 3 sites (including my own) I use the following code from a french webmaster that

How to return to a previous page after running a PHP script
I'm having a bit of a melt down here because I think this should be really easy but can't work it ou

this code is not working????
it says this error.. Warning: Division by zero in ..

the variables are correct, so why is th

Batch update record with Pagination
Hoping someone can help me with this issue I'm having, im trying to batch update records from a resu

how to query data from website using VC?
I want to query some datum from a website,so I need a program to read data from a .csv file, and ass

Sign up to write
Sign up now if you have flare of writing..
Login   |   Register
Follow Us
Indyaspeak @ Facebook Indyaspeak @ Twitter Indyaspeak @ Pinterest RSS



Play Free Quiz and Win Cash