Binding 2 UDP sockets on same port, connected to different destinations, 1 receives

Posted on 16th Feb 2014 07:03 pm by admin

Hello,
My application wants to send/recv data to 2 different UDP ports on a remote computer, using the same source port.
So I bind to the same local port which works, and connect to the remote IP : port which works as well, but then randomly only one of the two sockets will receive data from the stack, even though packets are arriving on the network for both.

In this code, the local UDP port is always 13398; the first time this code is called, the destination is 192.168.13.45:6970 and the second time it's 192.168.13.45:6972.
What would cause only one of the sockets to receive data afterwards? Also it's randomly the first or the second one that receive data, but once both sockets are binded and connected, only that random one will receive data.

Thanks!

SOCKET serverSock = ::socket(AF_INET, SOCK_DGRAM,IPPROTO_UDP);
int i=1;
if ( setsockopt(serverSock, SOL_SOCKET, SO_REUSEADDR, (char *)&i, sizeof(i)) != 0 ) {
logger.warn(_T("Could not set SO_REUSEADDR: %s"), GetWSATextError(WSAGetLastError()));
}

SOCKADDR_IN saServer, dest;
memset(&saServer,0,sizeof(saServer));
saServer.sin_family = AF_INET;
saServer.sin_addr.s_addr = INADDR_ANY; // Since this is a server, any address will do
saServer.sin_port = htons(m_manager->GetLocalUDPPort()); // Convert int to a value for the port field
int ret = bind(serverSock, (struct sockaddr *) &saServer, sizeof(saServer));
if (ret != 0) {
logger.warn(_T("Could not bind to udp port 1: %d, %s"), m_manager->GetLocalUDPPort(), GetWSATextError(WSAGetLastError()));
return false;
}

memset(&dest,0,sizeof(dest));
dest.sin_family=AF_INET;
dest.sin_addr.s_addr=m_deviceIP;
dest.sin_port = htons(m_devicePort1);
ret = connect(serverSock, (sockaddr *) &dest, sizeof(dest));
if (ret != 0) {
logger.warn(_T("Failed to connect to udp 1: %s:%d, %s"), inet_ntoa(dest.sin_addr), m_devicePort1, GetWSATextError(WSAGetLastError()));
return false;
}

No comments posted yet

Your Answer:

Login to answer
202 Like 12 Dislike
Previous forums Next forums
Other forums

Problem with DB connection
Hello there! I'm new to this forum and I'm new to PHP coding also. I wrote something that doesn't ma

help with this code please?
Hello,

I am trying to build a remote upload script for my image hosting site.

I am usi

Email with Attachments in PHP
Hi Friends

How to send email in PHP with attachment.
I know simple mail can be sent with

Help with email validation please...
Hi,
Please could you help.
I have a register.php login page where users register, the detail

Bit manipulation program with binary operations
My homework is to create a program to scan in and add binary numbers and print them like so

Why is this function returning a false value when it shouldn't be??
This is in an include file. I want it to check a value in an html form and see if it's just white s

Display certain image depending on time of year
Hi, I am new to these forums and would really appreciate some advice on a piece of coding I have don

php multiple action on submit
I have a form which says:

<form enctype='multipart/form-data' method='post' action='pr

Problem assigning value to variable in "IF" function
Does this script makes sense? I am trying to take the value that is set to "authenticat" a

ALV List display - header width adjust
Hi,

I am using REUSE_ALV_LIST_DISPLAY for my ALV display.The width of the ALV varies for

Login   |   Register
Follow Us
Indyaspeak @ Facebook Indyaspeak @ Twitter Indyaspeak @ Pinterest RSS

Play Free Quiz and Win Cash