Hyperlink in PHP to MySQL record


Posted on 16th Feb 2014 07:03 pm by admin

Hello,

I am having trouble as i am new to php. I have connected to the database and I have displayed the fields i want on my page. I need to access certain fields by links to each letter.

Did you know?Explore Trending and Topic pages for more stories like this.
For example A will link to the products starting with A and so on.

I am using PHP ad MySQL. The database is however on a different server. I only have the .php file at the moment and want to display the data on a HTML page.

I am just unsure of how to make a link to the product field and the price field and display them within a table.
My code is this so far..

<?php
// Connect to the database server
mysql_connect("host", "username", "psssword") or die(mysql_error());

// Open to the database
mysql_select_db("telephon_cscartrestore") or die(mysql_error());

//select records from table
$result = mysql_query("SELECT cscart_product_descriptions.product, cscart_product_prices.price FROM cscart_product_descriptions, cscart_product_prices ORDER BY cscart_product_descriptions.product ASC") or die(mysql_error());

echo "<table border='1'>";
echo "<tr> <th>Product</th> <th>Price</th> </tr>";
// keeps getting the next row until there are no more to get
while($row = mysql_fetch_array( $result )) {
// Print out the contents of each row into a table
echo "<tr><td>";
echo $row['product'];
echo "</td><td>";
echo $row['price'];
echo "</td></tr>";
}

echo "</table>";

?>
I want a link 'A' that opens all records starting in A and so on. Is this possible?

thanks
No comments posted yet

Your Answer:

Login to answer
131 Like 54 Dislike
Previous forums Next forums
Other forums

file_put_contents and createimagefromjpeg
All,
I do somethings and then I have the following code:
file_put_contents('./test/'.$filename

Connection Timeout
I'm using xmii 12.0

I'm calling a transaction as a web service from a windows application

How to change www in url with a specified name
Hi
I'm trying to change the url http://www.sitename.com/apparels to something like below
http:

php or sql?
Sorry not sure if this is a sql problem or php the following code is supposed to delete data from th

Checking if variable is 0 as opposed to NULL/Empty...
I'm trying to write some code that will retrieve a user's access level from my database and if it do

Why Are These Functions Causing MASSIVE Memory Problems? Please Help!
Hi,

I have a script with some options.

I use regex to replace patterns in strings, but

j1inmis Ouput layout changes
Hi,

Can anybody tell how can j1inmis output layout can be changed so that vendor names ge

Bit manipulation program with binary operations
My homework is to create a program to scan in and add binary numbers and print them like so

Text file to .Dat file Conversion in PHP
Hi All,
Could anybody provide code for Text file to .Dat file Conversion in PHP.

Tha

php automatically escaping single quotes
I'm trying to test out my security a bit and I've noticed that php is escaping my single quotes. For

Sign up to write
Sign up now if you have flare of writing..
Login   |   Register
Follow Us
Indyaspeak @ Facebook Indyaspeak @ Twitter Indyaspeak @ Pinterest RSS



Play Free Quiz and Win Cash