Gaza Ceasefire: Release of hostages and withdrawal of army from Gaza; How will the Israel-Hamas ceasefire agreement be implemented?


Posted on 16th Jan 2025 11:01 am by rohit kumar

For the last 15 months, Israel and Hamas agreed to stop the conflict going on in the Gaza Strip. After the mediation of the US and Qatar, Israel and Hamas agreed on a ceasefire agreement and the release of prisoners. Hundreds of people lost their lives in the war that started between Israel and Hamas on October 7, 2023. Thousands of people were injured and hundreds are still hostages. This agreement between Israel and Hamas will be implemented in three phases.

 

How did the war between Israel and Hamas start

 

On October 7, 2023, Hamas targeted many parts of Israel. About 1200 Israeli civilians were killed in this attack. While 250 people were taken hostage. After this, Israel started attacking Gaza. So far more than 45 thousand Palestinian civilians have been killed in the attacks of the Israeli army. Large parts of Gaza have been turned into rubble. About 90 percent of Gaza's population of 23 lakh has been displaced. Millions of people are living in tents. People are facing starvation.

 

How did the agreement initiative start

 

Qatar and the US initiated a ceasefire agreement between Israel and Hamas over the growing carnage in Gaza. In 2024, Qatar mediated in the war and implemented a week-long ceasefire from 24 November to 1 December. In November, Qatar also distanced itself from the talks. Qatar had alleged that Israel and Hamas were not willing to negotiate. However, efforts continued behind the scenes. The US also insisted on agreeing on a ceasefire. Recently, the newly elected US President Donald Trump has also threatened Hamas to release the hostages soon, otherwise, it will have serious consequences.

 

What is in the agreement?

 

The agreement reached after several weeks of tough negotiations in the capital of Qatar has imposed several conditions. Hamas has agreed to release dozens of hostages in a phased manner. Israel has also agreed to release hundreds of Palestinian prisoners from its captivity. On this, US President Joe Biden said, 'The administration has succeeded in reaching an agreement on a ceasefire and hostage agreement after 8 months of continuous negotiations. This agreement will be implemented in three phases.

 

The agreement will be effective from January 19

 

Qatar, Egypt, and the US issued a joint statement on Wednesday. It said that Israel and Hamas have agreed to a ceasefire and the release of hostages. The agreement will be effective from January 19, 2025, and it plans to bring peace in three phases. Also, in this case, Qatar, Egypt, and the US have pledged to ensure that all three phases will be followed and this agreement will be fully implemented. These countries have also promised to make this process successful in collaboration with the United Nations and other international partners.

 

The first phase will be six weeks, hostages will be released.

The first phase of the agreement will be of six weeks. There will be a complete ceasefire in this. US President Joe Biden said that Hamas would release the hostages. Along with this, Israel will release Palestinian prisoners. However, Biden has not mentioned the number of hostages. It is being told that 33 hostages will be released in the first phase. At the same time, after the agreement is implemented, some Israeli forces will withdraw from Gaza. Palestine will also return to Gaza. Humanitarian aid in Gaza will accelerate during the ceasefire. Hundreds of trucks will reach Gaza every day. Biden said that there will be several rounds of talks between the first and second phases. Even if it takes more than six weeks, the ceasefire will continue.

 

Permanent end of war in the second phase

 

During the talks in six weeks, Israel and Hamas will reach a consensus on many issues. Biden said that this would be a permanent end to the war. In this, Israel will release Palestinian prisoners, while Hamas will continue to release hostages. During this time, the Israeli army will completely withdraw from Gaza. After this, the temporary ceasefire will become permanent.

 

The reconstruction plan will start in Gaza in the third phase.

The reconstruction plan will be implemented in Gaza in the third phase of the agreement. This may take several years. Meanwhile, the bodies of the remaining hostages will be returned. Biden said that the last remains of the hostages killed in phase three will be returned to their families and a major reconstruction plan will begin for Gaza. Biden said that those who have monitored the talks know that the path to the agreement was not easy. This is one of the most difficult negotiations of my life. I think Israel put pressure on Hamas with the support of America.

1 Like 0 Dislike
Previous news Next news
Other news

Operation Sindoor: The echo of 'Operation Sindoor' was heard a lot in China; India was successful in giving a strong message to the world.

There is both a story and silence behind every storm. Operation Sindoor is not over yet, but its

'Sorry to those who created filth...', Udit Narayan again stated the Lip Kiss controversy, saying- 'It made me famous'

Well-known singer Udit Narayan is in the news these days. He is being badly trolled on social med

Trump on Pahalgam Attack: PM Modi and the US President spoke on the phone, and promised support in the fight against terrorism.

US President Donald Trump has spoken to Prime Minister Modi over the phone. He expressed deep con

Karur Tragedy: 'Had security been in place, 41 lives could have been saved', Palaniswami's scathing attack on the Stalin government

All India Anna Dravida Munnetra Kazhagam (AIADMK) General Secretary and former Chief Minister Eda

PM Modi Japan Visit: 'An opportunity to explore new avenues of cooperation', said PM Modi after the grand welcome in Japan

The Prime Minister has arrived on his two-day visit to Japan. Here, he will participate in the 15

The Revolutionaries: The call of revolution will resonate in every heart, the first look of Bhuvan Bam starrer 'The Revolutionaries' released

Once again, the story of the freedom revolution will be seen. Prime Video has announced its new p

Shah Rukh Khan met his special fans on his birthday, shared a video, and wrote, "To those whom I couldn't meet..."

Bollywood's King Khan is celebrating his 60th birthday today. To mark the occasion, Shah Rukh Kha

Flood-like situation in many states of the country due to continuous rain, The Meteorological Department has issued a warning of heavy rain; and chaos in hilly areas.

Life has been disrupted in many places due to the rain after the monsoon reached the entire count

Sameer Wankhede is after Aryan Khan again, a petition filed in the Delhi High Court against Shah Rukh and Gauri.

Shah Rukh Khan's son, Aryan Khan, recently entered Hindi cinema as a director with the web series

Stranger Things 5 ​​Finale: One last time... Eleven will face Vecna, Stranger Things finale trailer released.

This year saw another big hit on OTT platforms, and that hit was Stranger Things. We don't need t

Sign up to write
Sign up now if you have flare of writing..
Login   |   Register
Follow Us
Indyaspeak @ Facebook Indyaspeak @ Twitter Indyaspeak @ Pinterest RSS



Play Free Quiz and Win Cash