I apologise! It's a newbie to PHP feedback form problem!

Posted on 16th Feb 2014 07:03 pm by admin

Hi,

I am a total newbie to PHP. I am also a unemployed and need to get a job. So after 100% rejection rate for job applications since last November, I have built me a little 'self-marketing' site with a prebuilt email contact form in it. The form design fits in just perfectly in terms of CSS and size. I want to retain it so I got hold of a basic online generated form.

I uploaded and tested the online generated basic three field name, email and comment form and feedback. php to ensure my host's systems would permit the html form to work and that I'd receive an email at my Outlook Inbox. The tests worked perfectly.

So I swapped over the feedback.php and html scripts to the forms I had generated based on the basic & to which I had added two extra fields - phone and company. I tested. Nothing happens. No error message. No thank you. No email. Zilch.

I have spent days searching for a blatant fault and retrying different formats resulting in abject failure. I need expert help.

I am unable to decipher the php or html (index-4.html) to find my errors, and so will be most grateful if one of you experts would please take a look at the files attached to this post. I will be pleased if you'd locate where I have screwed things up and tell me how to rectify the html form and php. I need to get the email working because the site is where I will push potential employers to go and see me and read some of my experience and then to hopefully email me to send them my CV to get that all important interview.

The site is at http://rbruce.org. The domain is a subdomain. The directory is located at the true root of the main domain called p45camp.com. I had the rbruce.org folder located under public_html but the host's, Namecheap.com, relocated it to its current location and for some reason the folder is now called rbruce.new. But it works if you point your browser to rbruce.org

Your help will help me start getting the responses I need. And that'll be a good thing for my bank overdraft and my family's future.

Thanks in advance

No comments posted yet

Your Answer:

Login to answer
160 Like 38 Dislike
Previous forums Next forums
Other forums

php/mysql problem
Hey all,

Problem: im trying to setup a shop where people can use a drop-down list to select t

Problem with PHP code- simple contact form
Hi Folks,
I'm relativily new to PHP; I know HTML and CSS stuff but I have a problem- I have a co

Concatenate two strings ???
I have string one $string1 and another $string2.

How to concatenate (add) both of them $str

More pug propaganda.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Kkrmubsgf8

The commercial is definitely worth watching pug aw

Pagination won't carry results past page 2.
Hi all,

I've worked out my pagination script and its paginating fine until I click next from

Image loading
Hi Developers,

I'm trying to display an image from images/image.gif getting the url from mysq

values in array being escaped
I would like to submit some values - back to the same form for checking before processing...

Data Function is Its Not working IN IE8
This is my first time to use formums. I hope i can get solution for this problem. view plaincopy to

Insert numbers from Barcode scanner into online php page
I have a real big problem, Here is what I'm trying to do. I have a Intermec CN3 handheld computer th

first few characters only
hi, does anyone know how to use PHP to take the first few words of a text and limit them? i have see

Login   |   Register
Follow Us
Indyaspeak @ Facebook Indyaspeak @ Twitter Indyaspeak @ Pinterest RSS

Play Free Quiz and Win Cash