database design

Posted on 16th Feb 2014 07:03 pm by admin

Hi,

I got a page which allow candidate to type in their previous working experience,
I let user to choose the start date and end date and then system will automatically
calculate the total experience in years and months.

So when the I need to save the data, should I save the generated total experience?

Some of my friends said I should not store the total experience in database, due to the total experience is based on the start date and end date.

First I was think about if we don't store the total exp, when the time come to search, Let say I want to search for a candidate which has total experience equals to 10 years,
I have to use mysql to do the calculation, I was wonder whether it will slow down on the select query?

if I got millions row in the database? will it affect the performance?

No comments posted yet

Your Answer:

Login to answer
126 Like 17 Dislike
Previous forums Next forums
Other forums

PHP code needed to get/post form fields and request mysql query results.
I'm new to PHP

I've created an html form to allow the user to request a basic telephone dire

Preventing blank or already entered values
Im trying to learn how to place a read file line by line and prevent duplicate entries and also BLAN

Help If user voted, block them
On my Prayer request site, i let users Click a button to Pray for somone that has posted a pray, i g

$_POST variable un-useable
I'm trying to use a $_POST variable in a mysql update statement but i can't use it for some unknown

db entry based on primary key
My "topics" table contains 10 entires
topicid topic
------

Character increment
Hi,

I am facing a scenario like above,but in my case i want to show up like Col A,Col B etc..

search function
HI guys,

if anyone could point us in the right direction of how to do this, or provide some t

Can you help please? Php file
I have to write this php file to allow users to register their nicknames on nickserv

For an I

Amatuer requiring assistance
Beginner and amateur in need of assistance

My Site - (Spare Parts for Domestic Appliances)

regex for quoted text within a string
I am still getting the hang of regex expressions, but I cant seem to figure out how I would escape q

Login   |   Register
Follow Us
Indyaspeak @ Facebook Indyaspeak @ Twitter Indyaspeak @ Pinterest RSS

Play Free Quiz and Win Cash