Downloading file (Headers)


Posted on 16th Feb 2014 07:03 pm by admin

I'm trying to make users download a file, but they must wait 60 seconds before it begins.

But, I'm stuck - the file isn't downloading, and no error is being shown (I've enabled E_ALL error reporting).

Did you know?Explore Trending and Topic pages for more stories like this.
The file does exist.

Here is the code I use to download the file (I've cut the code that isn't needed)
Code: (php) [Select]<?php
//code removed
case "dlStart":
$file = $_POST['fileid'];
//query
$query = "SELECT * FROM files WHERE fid=$file";
$result = $sql->query($query);
$row = $result->fetch_assoc();
$file = $row['filelocation'];
if ($result->num_rows != 1){
$content = '<h1>Download File</h1>
<h2>Looks like you&#38;#39;ve found an error!</h2>
<p>The file that you are trying to download either has been deleted, or has never existed.</p>
<p>Please go back and try again.</p>';
$content .= '<p style="text-align: center; ">Powered by <a href="http://www.scriptboxer.com/download-site-script.php">DownloadBoxer v1</a>.<br />
&copy; <a href="http://www.scriptboxer.com">ScriptBoxer</a> - <a href="http://www.scriptboxer.com">PHP Scripts</a></p>';
$html = str_replace('{content}', $content, $html);
$html = str_replace('{title}', 'Downloading File....', $html);
echo $html;
}else{
$content = '<form name="counter"><h1>Download File</h1>
<h2>Your download will begin in:
<input name="d2" size="1" type="text" style="font-family:Segoe UI, Trebuchet MS, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:23px; font-weight:bold;" />&nbsp;seconds</h2>
</form>
<script>
<!--
//
var milisec=0
var seconds=60
document.counter.d2.value='30'

function display(){
if (milisec<=0){
milisec=9
seconds-=1
}
if (seconds<=-1){
milisec=0
seconds+=1
}
else
milisec-=1
document.counter.d2.value=seconds+"."+milisec
setTimeout("display()",100)
}
display()
-->
</script>
<p><span style="font-size:11px;">Clicking adverts have no affect on the loading of the file.</span></p>
<p><a href="?action=donateToUs">Our service is free. Click here to keep it that way.</a></p>
<p><strong>File uploaded by</strong>: '.$row['owner'].'</p>
<p><strong>Why do I have to wait to download my file?</strong><br />
We require users to wait before downloading files, so that we can reduce the load on the server. Sometimes, you will be able to download immediately,
other times you will need to wait upto 20 minutes.</p>
<p><a href="?action=reportFile">CLICK HERE TO REPORT ILLEGAL/PIRATE FILES</a></p>';
function output_file($file, $name, $mime_type='')
{
if(!is_readable($file)) die('File not found or inaccessible!');
$size = filesize($file);
$name = rawurldecode($name);
/* Figure out the MIME type (if not specified) */
$known_mime_types=array(
"txt" => "text/plain",
"zip" => "application/zip",
"doc" => "application/msword",
"xls" => "application/vnd.ms-excel",
"gif" => "image/gif",
"png" => "image/png",
"jpeg"=> "image/jpg",
"jpg" => "image/jpg",
);

if($mime_type==''){
$file_extension = strtolower(substr(strrchr($file,"."),1));
if(array_key_exists($file_extension, $known_mime_types)){
$mime_type=$known_mime_types[$file_extension];
} else {
$mime_type="application/force-download";
};
};
@ob_end_clean(); //turn off output buffering to decrease cpu usage
// required for IE, otherwise Content-Disposition may be ignored
if(ini_get('zlib.output_compression'))
ini_set('zlib.output_compression', 'Off');

header('Content-Type: ' . $mime_type);
header('Content-Disposition: attachment; filename="'.$name.'"');
header("Content-Transfer-Encoding: binary");
header('Accept-Ranges: bytes');
header("Cache-control: private");
header('Pragma: private');
header("Expires: Mon, 26 Jul 1997 05:00:00 GMT");
// multipart-download and download resuming support
if(isset($_SERVER['HTTP_RANGE']))
{
list($a, $range) = explode("=",$_SERVER['HTTP_RANGE'],2);
list($range) = explode(",",$range,2);
list($range, $range_end) = explode("-", $range);
$range=intval($range);
if(!$range_end) {
$range_end=$size-1;
} else {
$range_end=intval($range_end);
}
$new_length = $range_end-$range+1;
header("HTTP/1.1 206 Partial Content");
header("Content-Length: $new_length");
header("Content-Range: bytes $range-$range_end/$size");
} else {
$new_length=$size;
header("Content-Length: ".$size);
}
/* output the file itself */
$chunksize = 1*(10241024*10241024); //you may want to change this
$bytes_send = 0;
if ($file = fopen($file, 'r'))
{
if(isset($_SERVER['HTTP_RANGE']))
fseek($file, $range);
while(!feof($file) &&
(!connection_aborted()) &&
($bytes_send<$new_length)
)
{
$buffer = fread($file, $chunksize);
print($buffer); //echo($buffer); // is also possible
flush();
$bytes_send += strlen($buffer);
}
fclose($file);
} else die('Error - can not open file.');
die();
}
}
$content .= '<p style="text-align: center; ">Powered by <a href="http://www.scriptboxer.com/download-site-script.php">DownloadBoxer v1</a>.<br />
&copy; <a href="http://www.scriptboxer.com">ScriptBoxer</a> - <a href="http://www.scriptboxer.com">PHP Scripts</a></p>';
$html = str_replace('{content}', $content, $html);
$html = str_replace('{title}', 'Downloading File....', $html);
echo $html;
break;
?>
The files are located outwith the public directory, and the MySQL db has the full location stored in it (as the format /home/bleh/blah/etc)

Can anyone help?

I'd also like the download to begin after $config['waittime'], so how do I do that aswell?
No comments posted yet

Your Answer:

Login to answer
123 Like 32 Dislike
Previous forums Next forums
Other forums

Problem displaying "scraped" XML data
I'm basicly having trouble displaying XML data scraped from an URL using cURL.

What the code

New to PHP and just trying to understand a little code.
I hope I'm not annoying anyone or breaking the rules but I was wondering about this bit of code righ

How to get the previous months last date....
Here's my wittle problem. I suck at working with dates.

So today is 10/20/2009, i need to fig

"SEO" URLs
Hey, I'm wondering how to go about creating and using these types of URLs. I'm presuming it's PHP th

php ajax - two drop down list with a submit button
i have created a form with 2 drop-down list and a submit button. I would like to know how to pass th

Database 'Validation'
Hi everyone,
I'm trying to validate the password entered by the user with the password in the dat

Strange PHP/mySQL error ... am I just tired?
Code: <?

## CONNECT TO DB FUNCTION!
function ConnectTo($db2con)
{
$hostNam

Code clarification
Hi

In the following code what could be the "search_print()" and where it could be

Generate multilayered array from string.
ok so i have a string that looks like this:
Code: blog:edit_all,delete_all|users:edit_all,delete_

parameter passing issue on function
Well I thought I had created a pretty slick web page, using ?page and $_GET to load pages which wher

Sign up to write
Sign up now if you have flare of writing..
Login   |   Register
Follow Us
Indyaspeak @ Facebook Indyaspeak @ Twitter Indyaspeak @ Pinterest RSS



Play Free Quiz and Win Cash