Threatened with beheading for removing Mamata posters: Bengal official


Posted on 30th Mar 2014 05:30 am by admin

Kolkata, March 30 (IANS) A government official in West Bengal's North 24 Parganas district has alleged that he was threatened with being beheaded by a ruling Trinamool Congress legislator and his men who also abused and assaulted him for removing posters of party supremo Mamata Banerjee.

Ten Trinamool workers have been arrested, though party leaders have rubbished the allegations.

Habra II Block Development Officer Dinobandhu Gayen, in his FIR to the Ashokenagar police station filed March 26, alleged that local legislator Dhiman Roy abused him on telephone after a Model Code of Conduct team removed the posters and festoons bearing Banerjee's pictures from public places March 24.

An officer of Ashokenagar Police station confirmed the receipt of the FIR and said 10 people have been arrested in this connection after they surrendered before the police.

"In view of the removal (flags and posters), MLA Ashokenagar abused me March 25 over telephone and thereafter the MLA and his team reached my office and entered my chamber and assaulted me physically and insulted me in front of my employees and also confined me to my office for quite some time," reads the complaint letter by Gayen.

Gayen, in his complaint, also claimed that he was threatened by the Roy and his men that if the posters were not put up again he and his MCC team will be "beheaded and their legs chopped off".

"Besides above, the MLA and his team threatened me by saying that the removed flexes, banners, posters etc have to be set up once again in their earlier position. Otherwise they would assault me and my official team. They threatened by saying 'We will behead you and cut off your legs at the station'," Gayen has alleged in his complaint.

Roy has rubbished the allegations.

"There was some heated debate between us because he acted in a biased manner and removed the posters. So we had gone there to protest, but nobody assaulted him. There was no physical contact," he said.

Senior Trinamool leader and State Food Supplies minister Jyotipriya Mullick also refuted Gayen's claims.

"Despite the false complaint, we made ten of our party workers against whom the allegations were made, surrender. The allegations made by Gayen are baseless. The MLA or his men neither threatened him nor assaulted him," he said.

97 Like 13 Dislike
Previous news Next news
Other news

11 players of England equal to 18: 7 players have more than one role, and only 2 all-rounders in Team India

England was the champion of the 2022 T20 World Cup. The cricketing world saw how the team led by

Copies of ordinances tabled in Lok Sabha

New Delhi, Feb 23 (IANS) The NDA government Monday tabled copies of six ordinances, including t

Turkey again struck Kashmir melody and India kept its hand on the raging rag, External Affairs Minister S. Jaishankar's befitting reply

Turkish President Richep Tayyip Erdogan has once again raised the slogan of Jammu and Kashmir in

Fielding to Dictate Clarke's Return

Adelaide, Feb 6 (IANS) Injury-plagued Michael Clarke believes it's his capacity to field at ful

Turkey Syria Earthquake: Relief work continues in Turkey and Syria, more than 40000 people have died so far

And the death toll from the earthquake that devastated parts of Syria passed 41,000 on Friday. Fo

Iran-Israel War: There will be no shortage of oil in India, these two countries have joined hands; and made a solid plan

If Iran closes the Strait of Hormuz, Saudi Arabia and Russia may select another route to supply c

Singapore firm commissions first power project in India

Hyderabad, March 2 (IANS) Singapore firm Sembcorp Industries's first power project in India has

Heavy Rain Alert: Advisory issued to companies in Gurugram, District Magistrate appeals to employees to work from home

Normal life has been affected due to heavy rains in Delhi NCR on Monday morning. The roads were w

Army Commanders Conference 2022: On the last day of the five-day conference today, the changing nature of the war was discussed; Defense Minister praised the army

The five-day biennial conference of the top Army commanders is ending on Friday. In these five da

Bhushan, Yadav quit national executive: AAP

New Delhi, March 26 (IANS) Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) leaders Prashant Bhushan and Yogendra Yadav on

Sign up to write
Sign up now if you have flare of writing..
Login   |   Register
Follow Us
Indyaspeak @ Facebook Indyaspeak @ Twitter Indyaspeak @ Pinterest RSS



Play Free Quiz and Win Cash