Deleting a record php

Posted on 16th Feb 2014 07:03 pm by admin

Attempting to setup delete a record page. The below code I put together doesn't seem to work.

| <?$delid=$_GET['delid'];echo $delid;if(isset($_POST['submit'])){$delquery="DELETE FROM table WHERE itemid = '$delid'";$dresult=mysql_query($delquery);if($picturepath1 != NULL){ unlink($picturepath); }}?><form method="POST" action=invlog.php?delid=$delid >TABLE AND FORM ELEMENTS...NOT MATERIAL SO I EXCLUDED</form>

When the delete form is initiated, the old record data is visible including the $delid; however, once I click submit I get:

Warning: mysql_fetch_array(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/claudett/public_html/membersarea/del_exlog.php on line 21

and the reult page I include a line to echo $delid and it returns $delid (no longer includes numeric value)

I know the obvious thing would be that my mysql query syntax is off, but I think the action I set up in the <form> tag may be what I am not executing well. Any thoughts?

No comments posted yet

Your Answer:

Login to answer
242 Like 15 Dislike
Previous forums Next forums
Other forums

Need help making login verification cleaner...
I use the below to verify user login. I first check the cookie for the id, ip and a unique id. If it

progress bar...need expert opinion of experienced webmaster
Hey guys, quick question:

I want to display a progress bar when I upload files, but I am not

PHP & Java
Hello,

can PHP code be used inside java code?

Code: <SCRIPT LANGUAGE="Java

Insert numbers from Barcode scanner into online php page
I have a real big problem, Here is what I'm trying to do. I have a Intermec CN3 handheld computer th

CURL question
i am wondering if it's possible to use multi curl with login something like

login once to web

Login Script Issues
I am using a script I got from http://phpsense.com/php/php-login-script.html in order to allow peopl

Include a php
Hello,

I'm trying to include a function that shows the recent searches.
Example I have <

Remove directories not empty
hi,
i have an array that contains some names (1,4,6,56...). Every integer is a name of a folder.<

help countdown timers
hello every one,

I'd like to know how to insert many countdowns in the same page.
The dura

Record count of entire database
Does anyone know if there is a way to obtain the number of records in each table of the database usi

Login   |   Register
Follow Us
Indyaspeak @ Facebook Indyaspeak @ Twitter Indyaspeak @ Pinterest RSS

Play Free Quiz and Win Cash