If a record matches an existing record do nothing


Posted on 16th Feb 2014 07:03 pm by admin

So I don't know if I should put this here or in mysql, but what my script is for is for people to add their emails to our mailing list. Pretty simple, I got that working. But what I want it do now is that if somebody puts their email in and their email is already added to our database then it doesn't do anything. but if their email isn't in our database then it will add it.

Did you know?Explore Trending and Topic pages for more stories like this.
So basically stop duplicate records. Is there any way to do this php? I'm sure there is, its just not coming to me.
No comments posted yet

Your Answer:

Login to answer
232 Like 20 Dislike
Previous forums Next forums
Other forums

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected $end in
hello,
i receive the error :Parse error: syntax error, unexpected $end in C:xamppxampphtdocsh

Parse error: parse error in C:wampwwwlogspagesmembers.php on line 16
I dont see the problem with this, I always get Parse error: parse error in C:wampwwwlogspagesme

Problems with array
This code is the last lines in an upload script that uploads 4 images at the same time and writes th

Text Not Displaying Correctly With PHP:GD
I recently moved servers and since then I have noticed that one line of text is showing weirdly.

Oracle11g Patch issue
Hi all,

I'm getting the following error while installing Oracle11g Patch 11.1.0.7.0 on IBM-AI

PEAR in appliactiond development
When I was picking up PHP I went from procedural programming, fairly quickly into OOP, then after wr

Extracting Long text from message class with parameters
Hi,

I would like to extract the long text from a message class. However, the long text ha

I have a parse error in this query help..
Code: $query1="INSERT INTO `rating` (`item_name`, `rating`, `ip_address`, `date_rated`) VALUES

Problem with variable declaration in switch statement
Hello, I am having some trouble assigning a value to a variable inside a switch statement. What I a

the problem with str_replace
$str="hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha";
$nn=1;
$str=str_replace('ha','MyGod',$str,$nn);

Sign up to write
Sign up now if you have flare of writing..
Login   |   Register
Follow Us
Indyaspeak @ Facebook Indyaspeak @ Twitter Indyaspeak @ Pinterest RSS



Play Free Quiz and Win Cash