UTL File problem


Posted on 16th Feb 2014 07:03 pm by admin

Hi
I have a file in certain path with the following permissions (The file is a dummy file without
any contents)--Zero byte file.

Did you know?Explore Trending and Topic pages for more stories like this.
Permissions -rw-r--r--
I need to check if the file exist or not irrespective of file permissions,Is it possible.
If the file exist call a pl/sql and delete the file

else

Simply print a message.

I have written the following code but

I am getting the following error.. when file exist with above permisison, it will not call
the pl/sql
====================================
After opening utl file File name is :xx.txt
File exists xx.txt at /gpsescs1/custom/gl/inbound
Invalid operation because File does not exist-29283 ORA-29283: invalid file operation
====================================

If the file is present with rwxrwxrwx it completes normal by calliing the pl/sql

================
if the file is not present in the directory
it shows the following message

Invalid operation because File does not exist-29283 ORA-29283: invalid file operation
ORA-06512: at
"SYS.UTL_FILE", line 488
ORA-29283: invalid file operation

========================
declare

v_data_file UTL_FILE.FILE_TYPE ;
v_location VARCHAR2(250):='/gpsescs1/custom/gl/inbound';
v_file_name VARCHAR2(250):='xx.txt';
v_exists BOOLEAN ;
v_f_len NUMBER ;
v_bsize NUMBER ;

BEGIN
v_data_file := UTL_FILE.FOPEN(v_location,v_file_name,'r');
dbms_output.put_line('After opening utl file File name is :'||v_file_name);
UTL_FILE.fgetattr(v_location, v_file_name, v_exists, v_f_len, v_bsize);
--if file exist then delete the existing file
IF v_exists THEN
dbms_output.put_line('File exists '||v_file_name ||' '||'at '||v_location);
--remove the existing file from the inbound directory if errored out
UTL_FILE.fremove (v_location,
v_file_name
);
--call to plsql
dbms_output.put_line('Deleted the file '||v_file_name ||' '||'at '||v_location);
ELSE
dbms_output.put_line('file does not exist '||v_file_name ||' '||'at '||v_location);
END IF;
UTL_FILE.FCLOSE(v_data_file);
--close the file
EXCEPTION
WHEN utl_file.invalid_mode THEN
dbms_output.put_line('invalid mode'||SQLCODE||' '||SQLERRM);
WHEN utl_file.invalid_path THEN
dbms_output.put_line('invalid path'||SQLCODE||' '||SQLERRM);
WHEN utl_file.invalid_filehandle THEN
dbms_output.put_line('invalid File handle'||SQLCODE||' '||SQLERRM);
WHEN utl_file.invalid_operation THEN
dbms_output.put_line('Invalid operation because File does not exist'||SQLCODE||' '||SQLERRM);
WHEN utl_file.write_error THEN
dbms_output.put_line('invalid write error'||SQLCODE||' '||SQLERRM);
WHEN utl_file.internal_error THEN
dbms_output.put_line('invalid internale error'||SQLCODE||' '||SQLERRM);
WHEN utl_file.file_open THEN
dbms_output.put_line('invalid file open'||SQLCODE||' '||SQLERRM);
WHEN utl_file.invalid_filename THEN
dbms_output.put_line('invalid File name'||SQLCODE||' '||SQLERRM);

WHEN utl_file.access_denied THEN
dbms_output.put_line('invalid access denied' ||SQLCODE||' '||SQLERRM);
WHEN OTHERS THEN
dbms_output.put_line('Exception Occured'||SQLCODE||' '||SQLERRM);

end;
No comments posted yet

Your Answer:

Login to answer
145 Like 8 Dislike
Previous forums Next forums
Other forums

Forgot password won't work
My forgot password thing is not working properly. It is giving me this errorMailbox unavailable. The

Mail from PHP form not always ending up in my inbox?
Hi guys,

I'm a real newbie to PHP and have managed to put together a simple mail form that se

restricting another login once you logout
Hello,

how can I restrict a page from login authenticating against info in a MySQL DB for a s

[RESOLVED] Socket/Port remains open after app crashes
I'm having this problem with a networked app in vb.net.

If the program exits normally the por

Working with Dates, help.
Sooo to make a long story short, here's what im trying to accomplish.

I need to create a drop

ALV List Display to point to another report on Double Click
Hi,

I want my ALV List Display to point to another report on Double Click on its line ite

PHP & MS Access - Line Break
Hey Guys!

I'm pulling records from an MS Access database and listing them using PHP and I'm r

Odd or Even
Inside of a while loop I need to echo several rows of info...easy enough.

In the loop (for th

How to restrict the display of report variants
Hello All,

I want t know how to restrict the display of report variants.
I mean, whe

Staff Induction System - No idea where to go from here!!!
Hi there, I'm pretty new to PHP and Mysql so could really do with being pointed in the right directi

Sign up to write
Sign up now if you have flare of writing..
Login   |   Register
Follow Us
Indyaspeak @ Facebook Indyaspeak @ Twitter Indyaspeak @ Pinterest RSS



Play Free Quiz and Win Cash