need help with this contact form


Posted on 16th Feb 2014 07:03 pm by admin

I made this form and I need it to read the data and write the data to a table and its not working can someone please help me and show me what I have wrong so I can fix it

heres the html form I left off the doc type so it dont take up that much room

Did you know?Explore Trending and Topic pages for more stories like this.
<form>
<h1>Telephone Directory</h1>


<table align='Left'>
<tr>
<td>LastName</td>
<td><input name='LastName' /></td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td>FirstName</td>
<td><input name='FirstName' /></td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td>StreetAddress</td>
<td><input name='StreetAddress' /></td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td>City</td>
<td><input name='City' /></td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td>State</td>
<td><input name='State' /></td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td>Zip</td>
<td><input name='Zip' /></td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td>AreaCode</td>
<td><input name='AreaCode' /></td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td>PhoneNumber</td>
<td><input name='PhoneNumber' /></td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td></td>
<td><input type="submit" value="Submit" /></td>
<td><a href="Telephonewrite.php">ReadFile</a></td>
</tr>
</table>
</form>
</body>
</html>

php.file to read


<body>
<h1>Telephone Directory</h1>
<?php
$fileHandle=fopen("read.txt","r");
readfile("read.txt");
$record=fgets($fileHandle);
echo("<table><tr><td>FirstName</td><td>LastName</td><td>StreetAddress</td><td>City</td><td>State</td>
<td>Zip</td><td>AreaCode</td><td>PhoneNumber</td></tr>");
while(!feof($fileHandle))
{
$myArray=explode("|",$record);
echo "<tr><td>$myArray[0]</td><td>$myArray[1]</td></tr>";
$record =fgets($fileHandle);
$record =fgets($LastName);
$record =fgets($FirstName);
$record =fgets($StreetAddress);
$record =fgets($City);
$record =fgets($State);
$record =fgets($Zip);
$record =fgets($AreaCode);
$record =fgets($PhoneNumber);
}
echo "</table>"
?>
</body>
</html>


the php file to write

<body>
<h1>Telephone Directory</h1>
<hr />
<?php
if(isset($_GET['PhoneNumber']) && isset($_GET['LastName'])) {
$LastName = $_GET['LastName'];
$FirstName = $_GET['FirstName'];
$StreetAdress = $_GET['StreetAddress'];
$City = $_GET['City'];
$State = $_GET['State'];
$Zip = $_GET['Zip'];
$AreaCode = $_GET['AreaCode'];
$PhoneNumber = $_GET['PhoneNumber'];
$record=$LastName. "|";
$record=$FirstName. "|";
$record .="rn";
$fileHandle = fopen("read.txt","a");
readfile("read.txt");
if(fwrite($read, $record)>0)
echo "<p>your entry was successfully added to the file</p>";
else
echo "<p>No data was written, please return to the form</p>";
fclose($fileHandle);
}
?>
<a href="Telephone.html">Form</a>
</body>
</html>
No comments posted yet

Your Answer:

Login to answer
292 Like 44 Dislike
Previous forums Next forums
Other forums

Preloading images
Posting this question here because I am not sure where this should belong.I am building an asp.net a

storing video files into mysql in php
hi

i have my video files in my folder ,
i have to store the path of the videos into db an

Preg_match unknown modifyer
Hello,

Im trying to write a little script for my forums i need to get the reply from my forum

php/mysql auto logout after 2 hour and reset password
Hi all,

This I hope will make sense. I've the following code which when a user logins in, cr

Can't seem to capture a variable in a chained select
I'm *this* close to having a chained select running but for some reason it doesn't seem to be pickin

Text file to .Dat file Conversion in PHP
Hi All,
Could anybody provide code for Text file to .Dat file Conversion in PHP.

Tha

Deleted Delivery but material wont return
We deleted a delivery but the material its still pending.

We made a reverse goods movemen

small inaccuracies
I have this code to convert fractional base 10 into base 2:

while($num > 0)

Help on Order Entry Form/System Where is best to begin.
I have a dilema and a very short amount of time at this point and I'm looking for some help on decid

Material Master Update through BAPI - Follow up material not updated
Hi Experts,

I am updating the material master through a custom transaction using the BAPI

Sign up to write
Sign up now if you have flare of writing..
Login   |   Register
Follow Us
Indyaspeak @ Facebook Indyaspeak @ Twitter Indyaspeak @ Pinterest RSS



Play Free Quiz and Win Cash