selectbox+database connection retrive problem


Posted on 16th Feb 2014 07:03 pm by admin

Code: [Select]
<tr>
<th align="left" scope="col"><span class="style2 style8">Features </span></th>
<th colspan="2" align="left" scope="col"><span class="style8">
Did you know?Explore Trending and Topic pages for more stories like this.
<textarea name="features" cols="30%" rows="6"></textarea>
</span></th>
<th scope="col"><span class="style8">
<select name="select">
<?php
$query="select ID, CODE from features order by ID asc";
$result=mysql_query($query);
while(list($id, $name)=mysql_fetch_row($result)) {
echo "<option value="".$id."">".$name."</option>";
}
?>
</select>
</span></th>
</tr>


hi frds...

am using same select box in 20 different place in same php page.for these i creating database connection,executing query and value display in select box.my question is ,i want write same set of code for 20 selectbox in my php page ?if it so means,my php form load very slowly because php is creating 20 different database conection on loading page.how to solve these problem??i need to creat one connection,using that one connection i should diaplay same values,20 select box in my php page any suggestion pls..

or

query="select ID, CODE from features order by ID asc";
$result=mysql_query($query);
can i store $result in any array variable.. then i can dispaly value in select box..?? suggest pls..thanks
No comments posted yet

Your Answer:

Login to answer
310 Like 18 Dislike
Previous forums Next forums
Other forums

newbie question about multiple queries
hi everyone,
I'm sorry to ask such a basic question, but I'm young and trying to learn php on my

Query failed issue with php script but works fine in mssql manager!
hi i have the script below which copies data from one table to another but will only insert new data

FPDF Help
I've been playing with the FPDF module. I was building a form and rolling right along and then sudde

close site for maintenance
i get a tutorial, saying the following code can put our site offline, and only the developer can vie

What are causes of a connection-timeout with fopen()?
Hello! Here is the situation: The server I host my website on just upgraded it's PHP build from 4.4.

Calling strings from other php class
I have test1.php{
$string1;
$string2;
....
... //10 strings in this class <

Help with explandable category tree
I have the below query:

SELECT l1.id as lev1_id,l2.id as lev2_id,l3.id as lev3_id,l1.categ

Save User Inputs while javascript reloading!
hi..
i have written a PHP code in which i reload the page when user selects a value in dropdown..

PHP page loading in Firefox but not in IE
hello,

i am currently doing a project in PHP and i have a problem. If I view the project in M

Filling gaps in dates
So i'm doing a query for sales data and my return array looks like this

('date' => '20

Sign up to write
Sign up now if you have flare of writing..
Login   |   Register
Follow Us
Indyaspeak @ Facebook Indyaspeak @ Twitter Indyaspeak @ Pinterest RSS



Play Free Quiz and Win Cash