Hijab Controversy Row: Hijab controversy started again in Karnataka, six students from PU-college suspended


Posted on 4th Jun 2022 04:43 pm by rohit kumar

Hijab Controversy Row: The much-talked-about hijab controversy of Karnataka has started once again. Six girl students of Pre University College in Uppinangadi have been suspended for wearing hijab. The girls were coming to the college wearing hijabs in defiance of the orders of the Karnataka High Court.

 

Despite persuasion to the girl students, they have been suspended for six days by the college management for not following the orders. The girl students will not be allowed to enter the college and classes during the suspension period. However, the college management says that after the suspension period is over, girl students will be allowed to enter the campus and classes, provided they follow the uniform rules and orders of the High Court.

 

In protest against the hijab, the students wore saffron pots

 

After the suspension, as more girl students came to the college wearing hijab on Thursday, another section of the students wore saffron gamchas in protest. The students protesting the hijab demanded that they should be allowed to allow hijab-wearers to enter the classrooms, prompting the police to intervene. The authorities did not allow students wearing hijab and saffron gamchas to enter the classrooms.

 

The High Court had given the decision on March 15

 

The Karnataka High Court had on March 15 dismissed petitions filed by a group of Muslim girl students, seeking permission to wear the hijab inside classrooms. A three-judge bench of Chief Justice of the High Court Justice Ritu Raj Awasthi, Justice Krishna S Dixit, and Justice JM Khaji further observed that the fixation on school and college uniforms is only a proper system, which is also constitutionally acceptable and students can apply for it. Can't object.

 

Also Read: Karnataka Hijab Controversy: Hijab controversy continues again, Muslim girl students demand DC's intervention

1 Like 0 Dislike
Previous news Next news
Other news

Ranbir-Alia: Ranbir Kapoor-Alia Bhatt gave a special gift to fans on Christmas, showed the face of daughter Raha for the first time.

Ranbir Kapoor and Alia Bhatt are two of the biggest stars of Bollywood. They are one of the most

Turkey again struck Kashmir melody and India kept its hand on the raging rag, External Affairs Minister S. Jaishankar's befitting reply

Turkish President Richep Tayyip Erdogan has once again raised the slogan of Jammu and Kashmir in

Asian Games 2023: How India got 16th gold, Jyoti-Ojas created history; 15 out of 16 arrows hit the target accurately

India has given its best performance so far in the Asian Games 2023. India has won 71 medals incl

Supreme Court: You reached the Supreme Court in defense of free schemes, said - it is very important for unequal society

The Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) has filed an application in the Supreme Court opposing a PIL against po

Amit Shah Rally Bihar: Amit Shah cornered Lalu-Nitish on 'Jungle Raj', read important points of the speech

Union Home Minister Amit Shah has reached Jhanjharpur in Madhubani. Here he addressed the people.

Nasal Vaccine: The price of the nasal vaccine of Corona is fixed, will have to pay 800 rupees

Because of the threat of Corona, preparations have intensified in India. Vaccination is also bein

Devara: Why did the pre-release event of 'Devara' have to be canceled suddenly? The makers apologized and told the reason.

Jr NTR and Janhvi Kapoor's film 'Devara: Part 1' is going to be released soon. The film will hit

Bank IPO: TMB fixed a price band of Rs 500-525 for IPO, investment will be done between these dates

Private sector bank Tamilnad Mercantile Bank (TMB) IPO (Initial Public Offering) is coming on Sep

Sambhal: After Banke Bihari temple in Sambhal, now a three-storey stepwell... four rooms were found; a tunnel seen during the digging

The excavation was carried out on the second day on Sunday in search of the 150-year-old step wel

Gurugram Bomb Threats: Ambience Mall received a bomb threat, police team reached the spot

After Delhi, now a threat to blow up a mall has been received through an email in Gurugram. The t

Sign up to write
Sign up now if you have flare of writing..
Login   |   Register
Follow Us
Indyaspeak @ Facebook Indyaspeak @ Twitter Indyaspeak @ Pinterest RSS



Play Free Quiz and Win Cash