RG Kar Case: 'Supreme' hearing on RG Kar murder case; Court refuses to ban live telecast


Posted on 17th Sep 2024 12:31 pm by rohit kumar

The Supreme Court heard the Kolkata murder case on Tuesday. The court had taken suo motu cognizance of the petition related to the rape and murder of a postgraduate trainee doctor at RG Kar Medical College and Hospital. A bench of Chief Justice (CJI) DY Chandrachud, Justice JB Pardiwala, and Justice Manoj Mishra heard the case.

 

'There will be no ban on live telecast of the hearing'

 

Did you know?Explore Trending and Topic pages for more stories like this.

During this, senior advocate Kapil Sibal, appearing on behalf of the West Bengal government, requested to stop the live telecast of the hearing in the case. On this, the bench said that it would not ban the live telecast of the hearing, as it is a matter of public interest. Kapil Sibal alleged that the women lawyers of the chamber are receiving threats of acid attack and rape. The court assured Sibal that it would take action if there was any threat to the lawyers and others.

 

CBI's status report was also considered

The court also considered the status report of the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) on the progress made so far in the investigation of this case. The court had expressed concern on September 9 over the absence of an important document required for postmortem in the case of the incident and sought a report from the West Bengal government. On August 22, the court had expressed displeasure with the Kolkata Police for the delay in registering a case of unnatural death of the female doctor.

 

This is the matter

It is worth noting that since the body of the trainee doctor was found in the seminar room of the hospital on August 9, nationwide protests have been held against the incident. The police had arrested Kolkata Police's civil volunteer Sanjay Roy in this connection. The TMC government and West Bengal Police are in the dock. There is a constant reprimand from the Supreme Court. Seeing the tension increasing, the Calcutta High Court handed over the investigation to the CBI on August 13. Earlier, the Kolkata Police was investigating the case.

1 Like 0 Dislike
Previous news Next news
Other news

'Gujarat will become Khalistan...', more than 30 schools in Ahmedabad and Vadodara received email threats

On Monday morning, more than 30 schools in Gujarat received threats via email, threatening to bom

Is something big going to happen...? Alert on border, high-level meeting in Delhi; Army Chief will go to Srinagar

After the Pahalgam terror attack, the Indian government is in action mode. The Indo-Pak border is

'The central government does not want to save the Waqf but wants to destroy it...', what did Owaisi say on the interim order of the Supreme Court?

During the hearing on the Waqf Amendment Act, the Supreme Court issued an interim order and sough

PM Modi will not go to America; Foreign Minister S. Jaishankar will address the UNGA General Assembly.

Amid reports of sourness between India and America, some big information has come to the fore. Pr

PM Gifts Putin Bhagavad Gita: PM Modi gifted Putin a copy of the Shrimad Bhagavad Gita written in the Russian language and made an important statement.

Prime Minister Narendra Modi presented Russian President Vladimir Putin with a copy of the Bhagav

India-Pakistan Ceasefire: 32 airports closed amid India-Pakistan tension reopened; operations resume

32 airports of the country which were closed due to the recent military tension between India and

PM Modi: 'No place is safe for those who shed the blood of Indians', said PM Modi on 'Operation Sindoor'

Prime Minister Narendra Modi participated in the inaugural program of the centenary celebrations

Bandhan Bank Shares Crash 17% Despite 35% Profit Jump; Lower FY27 Guidance Shakes Investor.

Bandhan Bank shares came under heavy selling pressure on Wednesday, plunging more than 17% after

The air remains toxic: Haze lingers in Delhi's skies... AQI nears 400; find out how toxic the air in NCR has become.

The air in the capital Delhi, continues to remain toxic. On Monday morning, thick smog enveloped

Virat Kohli's Instagram account is active again, much to the relief of his fans; several speculations had been circulating.

The social media world was in an uproar when Virat Kohli's account was reported to be deactivated

Sign up to write
Sign up now if you have flare of writing..
Login   |   Register
Follow Us
Indyaspeak @ Facebook Indyaspeak @ Twitter Indyaspeak @ Pinterest RSS



Play Free Quiz and Win Cash