Bit manipulation program with binary operations

Posted on 16th Feb 2014 07:03 pm by admin

My homework is to create a program to scan in and add binary numbers and print them like so

Enter a binary number: 1

sum = 1 decimal 1 hex and 00000001 binary

Enter a binary number: 10

sum = 3 decimal 3 hex and 00000011 binary

etc.

I know that bit manipulation and input and output of strings is necessary to create this program, but I'm not experienced with either. The code I have compiles, but I am unable to make it do anything useful, and most of it is wrong. My do loop is probably wrong and I don't understand how to properly use bit manipulation. I'm rather clueless, can anyone give me some ideas on what to do next?

#include "stdafx.h" #include "stdio.h" #include "math.h" #include "iostream" #include "string" using namespace std; int sum = 0; int i = 0; int c = 0; int Q; string binaryInput; int main() { cout << ("Enter a binary number: "); //Prompts the user for input cin >> binaryInput; //Writes the binary input to cin do { //do loop to read the binary one digit at a time i++; cout << binaryInput[i]; //I don't understand how to output a specific digit of the string and manipulate it c = binaryInput[i]; if (c = Q) break; else; sum = sum + c * 2 * i; // supposed to be sum = sum + binaryInput[i] * pow(2,i), this is where the binary is converted to decimal printf("nsum = %*d ", 3, sum); printf("decimal %*x " , 2, sum); printf("hex %08d binary", sum); } while (i
No comments posted yet

Your Answer:

Login to answer
118 Like 11 Dislike
Previous forums Next forums
Other forums

multipart emiail forms
Hi All,

I am new to the boards and I've been working on a form (which is rather massive, imo

blank page.... nothing is happening.
I'm new to a lot of this but in the last 24hrs have learned a lot.
Installed latest version of my

ob_ dynamic content
i was wondering about the potential to use ob to create a <div then remove it when the page

Module pool selction screen parameters combination logic
Hi floks,
Am new to the module pool development ,Recently i have created one program based on

Hi, explode and strstr.
Hi, I seem to be confused about the strstr function, eg. i have a string like:
"a.b.c.d.e.f&

Any decent php formatter/beautifier/pretty printer?
Any decent php formatter/beautifier/pretty printer class/function?

I found the following whil

help with multi-update
Now sure how to ask this really....
10g database if that matters.

I have a customer

php form help
Hey,

I use a control file to set my meta tags and titles

Here's an example
Code: &a

Pspell with my own dictionary
Hello!
I've tested two cases using pspell functions.
1)
Code: $dictionary_link = pspell_new

Retrieving the 25 most recently added entries from all tables in a MySQL databas
Hello,

The code below works great. It creates a table that shows the 25 most recently added t

Login   |   Register
Follow Us
Indyaspeak @ Facebook Indyaspeak @ Twitter Indyaspeak @ Pinterest RSS

Play Free Quiz and Win Cash