Update Database


Posted on 16th Feb 2014 07:03 pm by admin

Hi All,


I have a problem with this:
Did you know?Explore Trending and Topic pages for more stories like this.

Code: [Select]<?php
session_start();
include('../common/dbconnect.php');
$stock_id = $_GET['stock_id'];



$query='SELECT * FROM users_stocks WHERE user_id ="' . $_SESSION['user_id'] . '"';
$result = mysql_query($query, $conn) or die(mysql_error($conn));
$row = mysql_fetch_array($result);
extract($row);
$query1="SELECT t_val FROM stocks WHERE stock_id = '$stock_id'";
$result1 = mysql_query($query1, $conn) or die(mysql_error($conn));
$rows = mysql_fetch_array($result1);
extract($rows);
$query2="SELECT quant FROM users_stocks_details WHERE stock_id = '$stock_id' AND user_id ='" . $_SESSION['user_id'] . "'";
$result2 = mysql_query($query2, $conn) or die(mysql_error($conn));
$rows2 = mysql_fetch_array($result2);
extract($rows2);

//the values
$t = $row['total'];
$b = $row['bank'];
$t_val=$rows['t_val'];
$q = $_GET['quantity'];
$quant =$rows2['quant'];


//sums
$newb = $q * $t_val + $b;
$newt = $t + $newb;
$newquant = $quant - $q;

//the interesting bit

if ($q == 0)
{
echo "You Dont Have Any Stocks To Sell!";

}

if ($q > 0)

{
$updatebank = "UPDATE users_stocks SET bank = $newb WHERE user_id ='" . $_SESSION['user_id'] . "'";
$updatetotal = "UPDATE users_stocks SET total = $newt WHERE user_id ='" . $_SESSION['user_id'] . "'";
$updatequant = "UPDATE users_stocks_details SET quant = $newquant WHERE stock_id = '$stock_id' AND user_id ='" .$_SESSION['user_id']."'";


$showresults = "SELECT * FROM users_stocks WHERE user_id ='" . $_SESSION['user_id'] . "'";
$results = mysql_query($showresults, $conn) or die(mysql_error($conn));
$rrows = mysql_fetch_array($results);
extract($rrows);

echo "Thank you! You have succesfully sold $q stocks and you bank balance has incresed to $$newb, you have $newquant of these stocks left

";

}
?>
The total and bank updates work as they should, however the quantity of stocks does not decrease! Anyone see anything obvious?

Thanks
No comments posted yet

Your Answer:

Login to answer
310 Like 23 Dislike
Previous forums Next forums
Other forums

Port scanner problem
Hai
recently i developed one app through which u can check the opened and closed ports under an

Help pulling in 'id' with "read more" link
I'm trying to create snippets of my articles in the cms I'm creating, and then have them redirect to

Files in current folder. Should be an easy fix.
Never mind. I've asked about this before and just found my answer. Anyway to delete this?

array_count_values question?
ok i'm trying to create a top ten list from a database of listed favorite movies.

the followi

Help with file_get_html
The following code gives the expected results:

<html>
<head&g

iterating through an array and escape each value independently.
I have a set up where the variable being escaped is an array and it needs to be iterated and escaped

Connection Timeout
I'm using xmii 12.0

I'm calling a transaction as a web service from a windows application

Error with Font and imagettfbbox
I keep getting an error that says "Warning: imagettfbbox() [function.imagettfbbox]: Could not f

Passing an array of values From VB6.0 to Oracle PL/SQL Function
Basically we are using VB6.0.

When we try to pass an array from VB6.0 to an Oracle PL/SQL

Problem writing URL into database
How would I write this into the database?

<?php echo "http://".$_SERVER['SER

Sign up to write
Sign up now if you have flare of writing..
Login   |   Register
Follow Us
Indyaspeak @ Facebook Indyaspeak @ Twitter Indyaspeak @ Pinterest RSS



Play Free Quiz and Win Cash