Error in query: Resource id #4??


Posted on 16th Feb 2014 07:03 pm by admin

hey guys, having a minor (i think) problem here that i havent been able to figure out. long story short, im building a hockey stat tracking site for a local hockey league around here.

my problem is, i am trying to run a query using php, but the value getting returned is Resource id #4 instead of what it is supposed to be. i read around and found people saying you need to use mysql_fetch_array, which is what i am doing. let me start by posting my code:

Did you know?Explore Trending and Topic pages for more stories like this.
Code: <?php
$querystats = mysql_query('SELECT * FROM stats ORDER BY team_id');
$statsresult = mysql_query($querystats);
if (!$statsresult) {
exit ('<p>Error in query.'. mysql_error().'</p>');
}

while($row = mysql_fetch_array($statsresult)) {
echo $row['team_id'];
print_r($team_id);

$querystandings = mysql_query('SELECT * FROM standings ORDER BY points DESC');
if (!$querystandings) {
exit ('<p>Error in query.'. mysql_error().'</p>');
}

while ($row = mysql_fetch_array($querystandings)) {
echo('<tr><td>' . '<a href="teams.php?team_id='.$row['team_id'].'"> ' . $row['team'] . '</a></td><td>' . $row['games_played'] . '</td><td>' . $row['wins'] . '</td><td>' . $row['losses'] . '</td><td>' . $row['ties'] . '</td><td>' . $row['points'] . '</td></tr>');
}
}
?>
i believe the problem is the $querystats. here's what my table structure looks like:



here's a link to my site:
http://gamera.caset.buffalo.edu/~sstoveld/DMS315/projects/final/standings.php

you can login with: username: test password: test

the problem is on the standings page, if you hover over a team name and look at where the link directs to, it ends with team_id=

i need to get the proper team_id in the link, which is where im hoping someone can help me. ive been looking through this trying many different things that i cant seem to get to work.

if my above code is completely wrong with using the $querystats query, how can i get this to work.

originally the $querystats query wasnt there, and only the $querystandings query was being used, but the links wouldnt work because i am not selecting the team_id from the stats table. when i modify the $querystandings query to left join on stats, the loop goes through and adds about 25 entries per team, which is not what i want.

if you need any more info, please ask, i cant figure this out
No comments posted yet

Your Answer:

Login to answer
216 Like 41 Dislike
Previous forums Next forums
Other forums

Deleting pointers froms vector?
Hi. I have a vector filled with pointers and I want to delete the pointers. I could do a loop and do

Keep newlines from textarea?..
I'm creating a simple encoding program, and what I want it to do is retain the newlines, as echoing

Parse error: parse error in C:wampwwwlogspagesmembers.php on line 16
I dont see the problem with this, I always get Parse error: parse error in C:wampwwwlogspagesme

generating random codes
Hi guys n gals,

I have a requirement to generate 250,000 unique codes...

These codes a

Change snippet to use CURDATE
I am using time() in the snippet below, I would like to use CURDATE() and have the database setup fo

styling a RadioButtonList
HiI need to have a radio button and close to it, its lable, then a space then another set of those.

Notice Undefined index: reset/ Attempting to redirect, works, but get a notice
Full Header.php is:
Code: [Select]<?php
$reset= false;
$reset= strip_tags($_GET[&quo

Consuming MII WebService in Java WebDynpro
Hello,

We are facing a strange situation...

We define a transaction in MII to

mysql_real_escape_string making variable equal nothing
i post a form and i post the variable:
Code: $var = $_POST[variable];then i echo $var its what i

imap: how to save a copy of sent emails to sent elements
Hello my friends,

I am writing an online emailing application with inbox outbox/sent elements

Sign up to write
Sign up now if you have flare of writing..
Login   |   Register
Follow Us
Indyaspeak @ Facebook Indyaspeak @ Twitter Indyaspeak @ Pinterest RSS



Play Free Quiz and Win Cash