How do I give a developer access to a specific directory and nothing else?

Posted on 16th Feb 2014 07:03 pm by admin

I want to give a develop access to a specific directory and nothing else

I can give them an FTP account with access to a sub directory, but this doesn't exactly solve the problem!

1. They can write PHP code to access other directories below and have FULL access to *everything*!

2. What if I could solve problem 1 somehow (I have no idea how!), but then I wanted them to have *only* access to a directory but NOT to sub directories contained under that directory?

I'd always given developers a sub directory in which to put their code - I'd never actually ever thought that they could access the whole domain!

So: how can I make sure they only have access to what I want?

Thanks

No comments posted yet

Your Answer:

Login to answer
289 Like 19 Dislike
Previous forums Next forums
Other forums

Is this Safe or Unsafe?
Hi i made a few pages with lots of peoples help now i just want to know if they are safe or not can

Simple Scraper... Weird Output
Okay, maybe I just need a Blue Monster and some sleep, but....

I'm scraping a ringtone site

Creating a custom API
I'm creating a site, and I need to create a basic API. Unfortunately I have no idea where to start.

Filtering for a phrase using pregmatch
Here is my code which looks for addresses which start with ' src=" '

Code: [Select]preg_

Count number of records in all the tables with a querry URGENT PLEASE...
I downloaded ORACLE 9I DATA DUMP into my comp. There are number of tables. I need to find out the

MS are the best!!!
Visit http://www.microsoft.com/australia/windows/default.aspx?h=watch-a-demo and click the massive '

Disabling SAP menu
How do I disable SAP menu for all the users and just restrict them to User Menu in SAP ECC 6.0?

Table sorting
Hi,

I'm trying to modify the following in order to make the output table sorted alphabeticall

First root of a number
Hi,

I can't find any function in php to give me the first root of a number.
Is there any

Removing Title From database problem
Hi again ! i am having an issue with updating database. When i update any price of a title it remove

Login   |   Register
Follow Us
Indyaspeak @ Facebook Indyaspeak @ Twitter Indyaspeak @ Pinterest RSS

Play Free Quiz and Win Cash