Creating a custom API

Posted on 16th Feb 2014 07:03 pm by admin

I'm creating a site, and I need to create a basic API. Unfortunately I have no idea where to start.My site will basically keep track of errors from other users' ASP.NET sites, and they can filter through them, search, etc. I need to create an API, where the user can insert a few lines of code in the Application_Error event in the global.asax file, and it will pass an exception object to my site to be stored.
It's the communicating between their site and my site that I don't understand and have no experience with.Does anyone know of a good tutorial for creating a basic API like this?

No comments posted yet

Your Answer:

Login to answer
222 Like 32 Dislike
Previous forums Next forums
Other forums

temporary objects
Until now i thought every temporary object in C++ is created as constant. I'm wondering why my compi

The type or namespace name 'ServiceModel' does not exist in the namespace 'System'
When I locally run the website, it works just fine, but when I uploaded it to the hosting environmen

Inserting Data into a MS Access DB using PHP.
As part of my uni course I am doing a placement at a company whom want me to create a client zone fo

"SEO" URLs
Hey, I'm wondering how to go about creating and using these types of URLs. I'm presuming it's PHP th

Sendmail.php - heading error following check_input
Hi,

I would greatly appreciate some help? I am brand new to PHP and have been searching and e

Batch update record with Pagination
Hoping someone can help me with this issue I'm having, im trying to batch update records from a resu

Serial number of exernal hard disk/Thumbdrive
Hi guys, I am new tio java networking concepts.Please tel me how to get Serial number of exernal

getting weird error..
okay, I'm getting an error on this particular function, something about the syntax in the mysql LIMI

Staff Induction System - No idea where to go from here!!!
Hi there, I'm pretty new to PHP and Mysql so could really do with being pointed in the right directi

Help with Contact Form
I have this Form on an html page and the associated code on page.php (below).
I keep getting the

Login   |   Register
Follow Us
Indyaspeak @ Facebook Indyaspeak @ Twitter Indyaspeak @ Pinterest RSS

Play Free Quiz and Win Cash