Issues: PHP Forms -Clearing


Posted on 16th Feb 2014 07:03 pm by admin

I've tried looking online before actually asking for help, but I've been looking for about the past 3-5 hours and have found nothing that'll help me.

This is a project for school, and well I have to use Access as a database. I am using PHP for coding, and I'm fairly new to PHP. Now for the problem...

Did you know?Explore Trending and Topic pages for more stories like this.
When I type in a Name in my Text Field all is good, I hit submit it works, if I hit reset it resets. My issue happens after I hit submit once the item is added, then if I refresh the page the item is added again, and it happens as many times as I hit refresh. I've tried numerous ways to make my text fields clear. I'm not coming up with anything. I started out having two files a PHP and HTML, I combined them hoping I could figure out a way to fix this, but to no avail.

If you look at my code you'll find that "odbc_exec($conn,$input);" is missing I took it out cause I have no idea where to put it, or what to do with it, or how to clear the fields upon having that executed.

If anyone could help me even the tiniest bit that'd be great




Code: <?php
$conn=odbc_connect('database','','');
if (!$conn)
{exit("Connection Failed: " . $conn);}

$Name = $_POST["Name"];
$Submit = $_POST["Submit"];
$Reset = $_POST["Reset"];

$input="INSERT INTO Registry (FirstName) VALUES('$Name')";

$sql="SELECT * FROM Registry";
$rs=odbc_exec($conn,$sql);
?>

<html>
<body>
<form name="TestForm" method="POST" action="<?php echo $_SERVER['PHP_SELF'] ?>">

Name: <input type="text" name="Name" maxlength=50/>
<p>

<input type="submit" name="Submit" value="Submit">
<input type="reset" name="Reset" value="Reset">
</form>
</body>
</html>

<?php
if (!$rs)
{exit("Error in SQL");}

echo "<table><tr>";
echo "<th>FirstName</th>";
echo "<th>LastName</th></tr>";

//Writes Table Values
while (odbc_fetch_row($rs))
{
$firstname=odbc_result($rs,"FirstName");
$lastname=odbc_result($rs,"LastName");
echo "<tr><td>$firstname</td>";
echo "<td>$lastname</td></tr>";
}

odbc_close($conn);
echo "</table>";
?>
No comments posted yet

Your Answer:

Login to answer
226 Like 42 Dislike
Previous forums Next forums
Other forums

iterating through an array and escape each value independently.
I have a set up where the variable being escaped is an array and it needs to be iterated and escaped

Code clarification
Hi

In the following code what could be the "search_print()" and where it could be

How to show more than 1 users with this code...
Hello,
i have a table that shows users only if I, as Administrator, want to be shown. But its sho

Help Optimizing code
Good Morning,

I wrote a small import function for a website of mine and I know there has to b

Is this possible? If one file assigned to an ID...
I have a page that lists property listings assigned to a specific user (a manage page), with brief t

line breaks in between fetched file names
Hi,

I have this code:
Code: <?php
if($dir = opendir('files')){
while (($f

output printing as hexadecmal... XD
Everything works except the calcem call for the totusold and totuprice. The out put shows up as hex.

Any help with my email script?
I have an email script, I have not tested it, although someone tested it for me and said it worked f

standard ALV application toolbar, into custom report....
HI,

I have a question regarding displaying standard ALV menu path and application toolbar

getting a website's source code as a variable? How?
Hey guys, is there any way for me to get the source code of a website as a variable for me to work w

Sign up to write
Sign up now if you have flare of writing..
Login   |   Register
Follow Us
Indyaspeak @ Facebook Indyaspeak @ Twitter Indyaspeak @ Pinterest RSS



Play Free Quiz and Win Cash