PHP Mysql Staff Induction System


Posted on 16th Feb 2014 07:03 pm by admin

Hi there, I'm pretty new to PHP and Mysql so could really do with being pointed in the right direction with this problem I have.

I am trying to set up a system induct new members of staff onto their training programme.

Did you know?Explore Trending and Topic pages for more stories like this.
First I have created a table 'induction_course_dates' of all the course dates and induction_course_titles of all the different courses.

These are the 2 queries I have made on the database


///////////////////////// Make the course title query //////////////////////////////
$q_courses = "SELECT * FROM induction_course_titles";
$result_courses = mysqli_query($dbc, $q_courses);
$row_courses = mysqli_fetch_array($result_courses);


///////////////////////// Make the course date query //////////////////////////////
$q_date = "SELECT * FROM induction_course_dates WHERE DATE(course_date)>='$today' AND course='$courseID' ORDER BY course_date ASC LIMIT 4";
$result_date = mysqli_query($dbc, $q_date);
$row_date = mysqli_fetch_array($result_date);

Obviously in the second query '$courseID' does not have a value so won't actually return anything but I don't know how to loop it through all of the induction_course_titles id's.

For example if it the query read...

///////////////////////// Make the course date query //////////////////////////////
$q_date = "SELECT * FROM induction_course_dates WHERE DATE(course_date)>='$today' AND course='2' ORDER BY course_date ASC LIMIT 4";
$result_date = mysqli_query($dbc, $q_date);
$row_date = mysqli_fetch_array($result_date);

...then this would return the results I'm looking for but there are 25 different courses.


I want the final output to appear as below

The user will select a date from the next four available

<table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0">
<tr>
<td>Course 1</td>
<td>
<select name="select" id="select">
<option value="date1">Date 1</option>
<option value="date2">Date 2</option>
<option value="date3">Date 3</option>
<option value="date4">Date 4</option>
</select>
</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td>Course 2</td>
<td><select name="select2" id="select2">
<option value="date1">Date 1</option>
<option value="date2">Date 2</option>
<option value="date3">Date 3</option>
<option value="date4">Date 4</option>
</select></td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td>Course 3</td>
<td><select name="select3" id="select3">
<option value="date1">Date 1</option>
<option value="date2">Date 2</option>
<option value="date3">Date 3</option>
<option value="date4">Date 4</option>
</select></td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td>&nbsp;</td>
<td><input type="submit" name="button" id="button" value="Submit" /></td>
</tr>
</table>

Can anybody help?!!!! PLEASE!!!!!
No comments posted yet

Your Answer:

Login to answer
335 Like 31 Dislike
Previous forums Next forums
Other forums

Pre-Fill out a PHP form...??
This is for work actually (geek squad). We have to fill out this online php form at work over and ov

Problem in String replace program's output
Hi all,
I was trying to make a program which accepts a string and replaces it with another stri

Changing color in GD via variable?
Hey guys, I'm new here. x)

I'm very much a noob when it comes to PHP, but I'm trying to learn

want to add a break after a certain amount of characters
i was wondering how to add a break in a blog post after a certain amount of characters... any idea o

PHP url branch??
Functionally, using PHP, I'm doing a test of login input submitted by a user via an html form in a f

Grids not displaying decimals, and behaving differently on different PCs?
Hello,

I coded a relatively simple MII application that allows data from a form to be add

Rss feed question
Hi

My blog and my website are different. Am i able to take my rss feed
from my blog and p

asking for direction
I have 2 tables in my data, which are "post" and "event"
I won't make a summa

compile php5 with DOM
Hi,

I can't manage to compile php 5.3.0 from source on Windows to include DOM,
in spite of

Problem Dereferencing
With these types and tables:

CREATE TYPE MANAGER AS OBJECT (
MGR_ID INTEGER,

Sign up to write
Sign up now if you have flare of writing..
Login   |   Register
Follow Us
Indyaspeak @ Facebook Indyaspeak @ Twitter Indyaspeak @ Pinterest RSS



Play Free Quiz and Win Cash