Need help: how to catch acess of undefined class properties


Posted on 16th Feb 2014 07:03 pm by admin

Hello. I am learning OO with PHP and have hit a problem.
Some code runs as perfectly valid code, where i would like PHP to issue a warning / error.
I guess this is because of the loose typing of PHP, however this cause real bugs go unnoticed in my code and i am looking for a way to be able to detect this.

Did you know?Explore Trending and Topic pages for more stories like this.
The code sample does not produce any warning/error using "error_reporting=E_ALL" with php 5.2.10

Do anyone have a idea or suggestion?

Code: class Objekt
{
var $foo;
var $bar;
}

$x = new Objekt();
$x->foo = 4;
var_dump($x);

$x->baz = 9; //i would like this to cause an warning because "baz" is a undefined property of the Objekt class. but it dont and "baz" is added to the object
var_dump($x);
No comments posted yet

Your Answer:

Login to answer
186 Like 21 Dislike
Previous forums Next forums
Other forums

reading partial code from external site
Hi,

I am trying to write a script for my website to get an article from an external website.

PHP Function Page Advice
Hi All, I am quite new to PHP and Javascript but have written an Online Shop (Mainly for Fun and edu

need help modifying script
Hi guys,

I'm fairly new to php and am having a bit of trouble modifying a script.

This

I need help with formatting date from mysql! with php!
Hello guys

*Note: this is a php question not MySQL question, please do not move it to mysql s

Amend code to allow multiple attachments
Hi

I have a php page that allows the user to browse to a file (image) then sumbit, the confi

TimeStamp Column Problem...
I'm mad at my self and thinking I'm a little retarded. It just be some one mistake I'm missing here.

update the selected existing records of database
Hi frndz,
I am new to php and get stuck....

Edit.php > Update.php > Updatea

Using mysql_real_escape_string for displayed content
On my website users can input data into a textarea and it will store it in the mysql database. But,

column name cancatenation within PL/SQL
I have a PLSQL store procedure, and the following statement is part of a subquery
fname||lnam

Unable to retreve the values from Mysql Query
Hi,

Here is the php code that I have, Query is running properly in phpmyadmin and is resu

Sign up to write
Sign up now if you have flare of writing..
Login   |   Register
Follow Us
Indyaspeak @ Facebook Indyaspeak @ Twitter Indyaspeak @ Pinterest RSS



Play Free Quiz and Win Cash