Find occurences of unicode characters in string


Posted on 16th Feb 2014 07:03 pm by admin

I need to prohibit filenames with everything but English characters and numbers but regexp and string function don't seem to work because they consider the Greek alphabet letters as part of the A-Z a-z sequence. Here's what I've tried:

Quote:if (strspn($str, "abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyzABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ0123456789") != strlen($str))
{
Did you know?Explore Trending and Topic pages for more stories like this.
echo 'invalid filename';
}

Quote:if (!preg_match("/^([-a-z0-9])+$/i", $str))
{
echo 'invalid filename';
}
No comments posted yet

Your Answer:

Login to answer
316 Like 17 Dislike
Previous forums Next forums
Other forums

Help with looping
I have a comma separated list of colors taken from a database ($ICo) and a directory of images named

Remore client postprocessing phase getting dump SAPSQL_ARRAY_INSERT_DUPREC
Hello Expects,I have started remore client copy. Data was copied successfully. but while running pos

Checking if field is empty AND using !is_numeric
Hi lads,

Need to be able to display an error message (using isset?) that says "Cant lea

foreach help.
Hello all,

First time I'm attempting to use a foreach statement and was just wondering if my

my login script page is not working on remote computers
hi my login is working on my computer, but when i tried 2 computers from 2 different locations, they

Getting the full city list from maxminds geoip database
I am suprised I can't find any references to this.

I have maxminds geoip lite installed and i

str_replace help
Hey there,

I'm a PHP newb, I'm having troubles with the str_replace function. I want to clean

problem with GROUP BY and ORDER BY
i usually use this query to display the last 10 entries from a sql table:

Code: $query = &quo

How to show next and prev records
Hi all,

Sorry if this is simple, i'm very new to php, well, any programming language actually

PHP IMAGE UPLOAD SCRIPT
Hi for the last week i have been looking for scripts that will upload a photo to a certain folder wh

Sign up to write
Sign up now if you have flare of writing..
Login   |   Register
Follow Us
Indyaspeak @ Facebook Indyaspeak @ Twitter Indyaspeak @ Pinterest RSS



Play Free Quiz and Win Cash