Add User script "Could not execute query"


Posted on 16th Feb 2014 07:03 pm by admin

This should be an easy script but I can't get it to run. Can someone please help me?

<html><head><title>Adding a User</title></head>
<body>
Did you know?Explore Trending and Topic pages for more stories like this.
<?php

$self = $_SERVER['PHP_SELF'];
$first_name = $_POST['firstname'];
$last_name = $_POST['lastname'];
$user_email = $_POST['useremail'];

if( (!$first_name) or (!$last_name) or (!$user_email) )
{
$form ="Please enter all new user details...";
$form.="<form action="$self"";
$form.=" method="post">First Name: ";
$form.="<input type="text" name="firstname"";
$form.=" value="$first_name">
Last Name: ";
$form.="<input type="text" name="lastname"";
$form.=" value="$last_name">
Email: ";
$form.="<input type="text" name="useremail"";
$form.=" value="$user_email">
";
$form.="<input type="submit" value="Submit">";
$form.="</form>";
echo($form);
}
else
{
#connect to MySQL
$conn = @mysql_connect("localhost","xxxx","xxxx")
or die("Could not connect to MySQL");
#select a database
$db = @mysql_select_db("xxxx",$conn)
or die("Could not select database");
#create the SQL query
$sql = "insert into tablename (firstname, lastname, useremail)
values ("$first_name",'"$last_name","$user_email" )";
#execute the query
$result = @mysql_query($sql,$conn)
or die("Could not execute query");
if($result)
{ echo("New user $user_email added"); }
}
?>
</body></html>
No comments posted yet

Your Answer:

Login to answer
331 Like 7 Dislike
Previous forums Next forums
Other forums

MII Netweaver Server stopped due to CPIC connection Problem
Dear Experts,
We have SAP XMII 12.0 setup running on Netweaver 2004s,7.0, Java Stack only.

[Need Help] php timing issues
I don't know what is going wrong. I need some help with being able to set an image at 9:00am Colorad

Different payment methods with different cross company requirements in F110
We are implementing SAP in a company in the shipping industry. They have the following requirement:<

php not working written for consumption of slots
1. Here is the function where i will be allowed to consume the slot booked by me.

2. Here i c

Dump with added_funcion cl_salv_table
Hi there, I'm having some troubles adding a self defined function to an ALV in fullscreen. The thing

Mail sending is slow on server
Why mail is taking time to be send on apache-linux server

Storing the referrer in session... problems with tabs
Hello All

I am currently working on an ERP project based on the MVC methodology, when a user

str_replace help
I am thinking str_replace is my only option to filter outputs from my database to convert them to sa

Prevent PHP mail( ) from appending hostname to from address
Hey guys,

I want to be able to send texts to phones via email (since each phone has their own

ctype() validation - allowing illegal characters
Hello,
I use ctype() to filter and validate a user form. However, I am trying to allow certain c

Sign up to write
Sign up now if you have flare of writing..
Login   |   Register
Follow Us
Indyaspeak @ Facebook Indyaspeak @ Twitter Indyaspeak @ Pinterest RSS



Play Free Quiz and Win Cash