AJAX form submit


Posted on 16th Feb 2014 07:03 pm by admin

I recently built a form that submits data to my database with an ajax function that is called through onClick="function ..." on the submit button. That all works perfectly, however the information shown on the page needs to update to reflect the new data so I made that work by calling another ajax function, which also works. The problem is I also have jQuery in the page. When the page loads the jQuery all works, after the ajax function updates the page (without refreshing the browser) none of the jquery works. Any suggestions?

here's the ajax function for updating the data
Line number On/Off | Expand/Contract // Get the HTTP Objectfunction getHTTPObject(){ if (window.ActiveXObject) return new ActiveXObject("Microsoft.XMLHTTP"); else if (window.XMLHttpRequest) return new XMLHttpRequest(); else { alert("Your browser does not support AJAX."); return null; }} var httpObject = null; // Set up the updating routinefunction displayRegularFeeds(user_id){ httpObject = getHTTPObject(); var fast = "http://localhost/capicy/regularfeeds.php?id="+user_id; if (httpObject != null) { httpObject.open("GET", fast, true); httpObject.send(null); httpObject.onreadystatechange = recieveRegularFeeds; }}// Recieve the time and display itfunction recieveRegularFeeds(){ if(httpObject.readyState == 4){ document.getElementById('regularbox').innerHTML = httpObject.responseText; }}
Did you know?Explore Trending and Topic pages for more stories like this.

heres the onclick from the submit button
Line number On/Off | Expand/Contract echo '<input type="button" id="share" name="share" value="Share" class="sharebuttonlink" onClick="javascript&#058;var phrase = document.getElementById('status').value; shareStatus(phrase); displayRegularFeeds(''."$user".'');">';

heres the file displayRegularFeeds executes
Line number On/Off | Expand/Contract include('mysql.php'); include('feeds.php'); feeds('regular', 'home');

Please help!
No comments posted yet

Your Answer:

Login to answer
218 Like 27 Dislike
Previous forums Next forums
Other forums

mysql select with $_get ?
Hi, i have this code:
Code: // If char id is 0 and character dont exist do:
if ($_GET["id

how to load a Sys file with system load and call images?
normally you need register the module as a service with CreateService, and start the service

Display a default image
I am trying to display generic image for items that don't have one, but I can't get it to display.

Function module "DPS_CHECK_TABLE_EXISTS" not found (after OSS 1422843 impl)
Dear All,

I implemented Note OSS 1422843.

When i execute the new report RSPO20

Content-Disposition: attachment; filename=... not working as i thought it should
taken the following code from the php.net site the script is not working.

what is not happeni

LIMIT $start, 10... how to pass last value queried into next page with GET??
Ok I know how to display the first or last 10 results of a query...

$result = mysql_query(&q

Menu restriction
How can I restrict the individual menu that would appear when a user logs in so that all users are c

Please help - should be a simple fix.. driving me nuts
Everything seemed to be working fine. I have a table, it alphabetically lists a bunch of cities and

help with calculations on a flat text file
hello,
I have this code below that is attached to a flat file like this:
Email:LastName:FirstN

How to submit a form to the same page?
I have a table containing information about books in my library and this table has the following col

Sign up to write
Sign up now if you have flare of writing..
Login   |   Register
Follow Us
Indyaspeak @ Facebook Indyaspeak @ Twitter Indyaspeak @ Pinterest RSS



Play Free Quiz and Win Cash