Simultaneous select/update/insert


Posted on 16th Feb 2014 07:03 pm by admin

Hi

How would I need to go about when 2 users update a single row simultaneous? And how would I need to go about when 2 users want to edit a row?

Did you know?Explore Trending and Topic pages for more stories like this.
Should I first lock the table, update the row to indicate who is editing the data unlocking the table and selecting the row where the editor_id = the current user_id? Plus what happens when I lock the table do other users get a failed query? and what errno does mysql return in this case?

Do I need to use not null on required fields or should I leave it out?
No comments posted yet

Your Answer:

Login to answer
316 Like 54 Dislike
Previous forums Next forums
Other forums

Strange cookie problem. setcookie dependant on where user was directed from?
Hello,

I have a website that sets a cookie when a user visits the website. The cookie holds a

php code to accept and delete incoming data
Using following HTML Code please show me how to write PHP code to accept and delete the incoming dat

What is SAP Avatar ?
Hi All,

This G.Satish , my boss asked me to explore on SAP Avatar. I searced in internet

Match stored value with the current value in a loop
Hello,

I have a MySQL db were I store articles in.

I have a form to fill these article

Preloading images
Posting this question here because I am not sure where this should belong.I am building an asp.net a

Vertical Alligning - Not working in 1 cell?
<?php

echo "<table id="valign" width="60%" style=

Simple program to copy files between two computers over the web
I use logmein free and often need to move files between my two computers. Generally, I move the file

Keeping track of php uploads
Hello all.

I was looking at the way PHP handles file uploads.
It seems that PHP uses a tem

dropdown box help - open php files to textarea
Hi, I am using tinymce to edit content located in several php files. The code I attached works but i

Generate multilayered array from string.
ok so i have a string that looks like this:
Code: [Select]blog:edit_all,delete_all|users:edit_all

Sign up to write
Sign up now if you have flare of writing..
Login   |   Register
Follow Us
Indyaspeak @ Facebook Indyaspeak @ Twitter Indyaspeak @ Pinterest RSS



Play Free Quiz and Win Cash