Simultaneous select/update/insert

Posted on 16th Feb 2014 07:03 pm by admin

Hi

How would I need to go about when 2 users update a single row simultaneous? And how would I need to go about when 2 users want to edit a row?

Should I first lock the table, update the row to indicate who is editing the data unlocking the table and selecting the row where the editor_id = the current user_id? Plus what happens when I lock the table do other users get a failed query? and what errno does mysql return in this case?

Do I need to use not null on required fields or should I leave it out?

No comments posted yet

Your Answer:

Login to answer
316 Like 54 Dislike
Previous forums Next forums
Other forums

foreach result into a single variable
Hi,

I have this code...

Code: [Select]foreach ($_POST['Interests'] as $interest =&

How to grab certain words ??
I am working with this API

Returns JSON.
curl http://letsbetrends.com/api/current_trends

Displaying returned XML in another PHP page
I have an online payment form that will return XML given if a payment is successful or declines. I

A rank users order by points
I want to make an insert from table 'rank' , with number (rank) from the cod blow, to fild users.ran

help with image text
Hi ...

see i need the text of the name and number to start in the center and always be in the

SMTP server...
I recently found a tutorial online on SMTP authentification for sending emails from webpages, here i

problem in program for counting no of chars using pointers
Hi all, I was trying to make a program which counts number of chars in a string using concpt of poin

rdns with php
I am trying to build a script that will show all of the different domains that are hosted on the sam

Time-based image rotation script
I'm trying to write a PHP script that rotates an image based on what time of day it is. I want the

Passing PHP variables from one page to another
Hello-

I'm having trouble figuring out how to transport a variable from one php file to anoth

Login   |   Register
Follow Us
Indyaspeak @ Facebook Indyaspeak @ Twitter Indyaspeak @ Pinterest RSS

Play Free Quiz and Win Cash