Cant display mysql data


Posted on 16th Feb 2014 07:03 pm by admin

Hey all,

I am learning php and my first goal is to create a simple CMS. At the moment I am stuck on not being able to pull page names and their id`s from my DB and combine them into a list of links (like so/manage_pages.php?page_id=1) so I could grab id`s later for update and delete pages. Problem is when I load the page none of the links are displayed. My php5 is set up so that I could see all of the errors but there are none displayed nor is there anything in the log.

Did you know?Explore Trending and Topic pages for more stories like this.
Here are the function I am using:

Code: [Select]<?php
function confirm_query($result_set) {
if (!$result_set) {
die("Database query failed: " . mysql_error());
}
}

function get_all_pages() {
global $connection;
mysql_select_db("content_MS", $connection);
$query = "SELECT *
FROM pages
ORDER BY id ASC";
$result_set = mysql_query($query, $connection);
confirm_query($result_set);
return $result_set;

}

function list_pages(){

global $connection;
$result = get_all_pages();
$output = "<div>";
$output .= "<p>Select the page you would like to edit:</p>";
while($row = mysql_fetch_array($result))
{
$output .="<ul>";
$output .= "<li>";
$output .= "<a href="manage_pages.php?page=" . urlencode($row["id"]) ."">{$row["page_name"]}</a></li>";
$output .="</ul>";
}
$output .="</div>";
return $output;
}
?>

Then I simply echo list_pages function on a page:

Code: [Select]<?php include ("includes/header.php"); ?>
<div id="content">
<div class="in">
<h2>This is the main content</h2>

<?php list_pages();?>
</div>
</div>
<?php include ("includes/footer.php"); ?>

And below is the html code I see when I load the page:

Code: [Select]
<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN"
"http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">
<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" lang="en" xml:lang="en">
<head>
<title>Content Manager - Manage Pages</title>
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1" />
<link rel="stylesheet" href="css/back_css.css" media="screen" />
</head>
<body>
<div id="wrapper">
<div id="header">
<div class="in">
<h1>Welcome To Your Content Manager!</h1>
</div>
</div>

<div id="content-wrapper"> <div id="content">
<div class="in">
<h2>This is the main content</h2>

</div>
</div>
</div>
<div id="left"><div class="in">
<h2>Menu</h2>
<ul>
<li><a href="manage_pages.php?name=Manage Pages"> Manage Pages </a></li>
<li><a href="manage_menu.php?name=Manage Menu"> Manage Menu </a></li>
<li><a href="manage_albums.php?name=Manage Albums"> Manage Albums </a></li>
<li><a href="manage_videos.php?name=Manage Videos"> Manage Videos</a></li>
<li><a href="manage_gigs.php?name=Manage Gigs"> Manage Gigs </a></li>
<li><a href="manage_news.php?name=Manage News"> Manage News</a></li>
</ul>
</div></div>
<div id="footer"><span>by AB</span></div>
</div>
</body>
</html>

Any ideas ?

Thanks in advance !
No comments posted yet

Your Answer:

Login to answer
187 Like 16 Dislike
Previous forums Next forums
Other forums

reorder sql query
ok so i have this very simple code:
Code: $query = "SELECT search_keywords, COUNT(search_key

Keeping track of php uploads
Hello all.

I was looking at the way PHP handles file uploads.
It seems that PHP uses a tem

LOOPing Problem
Hello All!

The following code loops through the data and displays the data accordingly. My p

Gaining access to Drop Down Menu Variable
code is below, I am creating a drop down menu. I want to echo the value selected in the drop down me

[newb] Image hosting help.
Hey there, I'm new to php, I know some basics and i can code PWN, I'm only 14 but I'm interested in

(sub)screen resize modification doesn't work after ECC 6 EhP 4 installation
Hello,

We have previously extended the size of the custom data tab on PO transaction ME23

Table sorting
Hi,

I'm trying to modify the following in order to make the output table sorted alphabeticall

please fix the error
What is the error in the below code ???
Line number On/Off | Expand/Contract <?php

Lining up columns nicely.
Hello everyone, I'm having problems with making columns line up properly. Here is my code:

Map.php
I am a complete beginner to PHP and am looking for some help with a program I am messing around with

Sign up to write
Sign up now if you have flare of writing..
Login   |   Register
Follow Us
Indyaspeak @ Facebook Indyaspeak @ Twitter Indyaspeak @ Pinterest RSS



Play Free Quiz and Win Cash