Displaying Column Names


Posted on 16th Feb 2014 07:03 pm by admin

I have a question regarding the ability to show the column names from my table/query.
What I'm looking to do is to be able to have my users enter their own query via a builder (Which I haven't built yet).
I've found a little test script from the net but it shows them in an array.

Did you know?Explore Trending and Topic pages for more stories like this.
My code is
Code: [Select]<?php

include('includes/inc.conn.php');

mysql_select_db("discover_messaging");


$result = mysql_query("SHOW COLUMNS FROM `messages`");

if (mysql_num_rows($result) > 0) {
while ($row = mysql_fetch_assoc($result)) {
print_r($row);
}
}

?>

Which outputs
QuoteArray ( [Field] => msg_id [Type] => int(11) [Null] => NO [Key] => PRI [Default] => [Extra] => auto_increment ) Array ( [Field] => msg_to [Type] => varchar(99) [Null] => NO [Key] => [Default] => [Extra] => ) Array ( [Field] => msg_from [Type] => varchar(99) [Null] => NO [Key] => [Default] => [Extra] => ) Array ( [Field] => msg_subject [Type] => varchar(255) [Null] => NO [Key] => [Default] => [Extra] => ) Array ( [Field] => msg_body [Type] => text [Null] => NO [Key] => [Default] => [Extra] => ) Array ( [Field] => read_flg [Type] => varchar(3) [Null] => NO [Key] => [Default] => off [Extra] => ) Array ( [Field] => sent_date [Type] => varchar(255) [Null] => NO [Key] => [Default] => [Extra] => )

Is there a way to have the field names come out of the array so that I can do something like?
Code: [Select]<table>
<tr>
<td>msg_id</td>
<td>msg_to</td>
etc ...

Thanks all.
No comments posted yet

Your Answer:

Login to answer
337 Like 38 Dislike
Previous forums Next forums
Other forums

filesize() returns 0
I have a socket program that runs in an infinite loop, listening for connections, in this socket I h

PHP webpage & array print issue
I have this code running, and it works perfectly … however, see my bottom bit about what I see

Fatal error: Call to a member function fetchrow() on a non-object in C:xamppht
okay i have this query and everytime i add `item_id`=? to it... it gives me the error in the title..

how to easy edit text, with box? Help.
Hi.
I have a little problem. I'm doing a webpage for my aunt and I would like to make it as easy

if description does not contain the following words
Hello everyone,

I am parsing a MS Excel (.xls) file and adding it's content to a mySQL databa

Help on Order Entry Form/System Where is best to begin.
I have a dilema and a very short amount of time at this point and I'm looking for some help on decid

how can i display php source code snippets ?
I am outputting some pho code .. and I want to display the source code so people can copy and paste

making web pages for accounts
Hello, I would like to make pages for accounts on my website im making (its not a real website..im j

Problem with php's rename function
So, i'm having a problem with the php rename function. Basically my script 'delete_user.php' attempt

How do I get the row number from from an sql table query
Hi all

I have a table that I query and it returns a number of rows.
mysql_num_rows($query)

Sign up to write
Sign up now if you have flare of writing..
Login   |   Register
Follow Us
Indyaspeak @ Facebook Indyaspeak @ Twitter Indyaspeak @ Pinterest RSS



Play Free Quiz and Win Cash