Comma seperated implode & modifying returned string.

Posted on 16th Feb 2014 07:03 pm by admin

I have a PHP post form that posts up to 4 variables. I need whatever variables are passed to be combined into one comma seperated string (eg variable1,variable2,variable3,variable4). This i can do with the code below.

Code: [Select]$combo = array($one, $two, $three, $four);
$list = implode(",", $combo);

my problem is that the form fields are optional by design so that the user doesn't always post all 4 variables. Sometimes they will post 1, sometimes they will post all 4. So if a user only selects two fields and submits the form i will end up with a string looking like:
variable1,variable2,,
when what i really want is (note the removal of the trailing commas at the end of the string):
variable1,variable2

Can anyone point me towards a possible solution for this?

No comments posted yet

Your Answer:

Login to answer
297 Like 14 Dislike
Previous forums Next forums
Other forums

Getting Resource id #11 while trying to connect..
So i tried using "DEFINE" for the first time and im using the variables i defined to conne

BSP Ext - tableView - Sort - NEWBIE
Hi,
I have been trying to get the sort to work. I have defined the column definitions by fillin

How do I know when getBounds Method is ready to be called.
I have an application that changes out stylesheets client side. Once I change stylesheet the browse

help with image text
Hi ...

see i need the text of the name and number to start in the center and always be in the

Batch Related Pricing
Hi, I need some clarity on the batch related pricing

For example the following are the b

Unique Visitor Tracking
Hello. Currently, I run a voting site where voters are tracked by their IP address and can only vote

how do i display data on a page from mysql
1 - do i use this code at the top of each of my page i wish to only alow access if there as been a s

Production of mango in processing industry
Hi,

We have one scenario ,company is in process industry,they are manufacturing MANGO pul

Displaying values from a SQL count...
Hi,
Easy enough question i just forget the exact method ..
I have ...

Code: //count win

cPanel API
Hi Guys,

Need a little guidance. I'm trying to get my script to communicate with cPanel (or W

Login   |   Register
Follow Us
Indyaspeak @ Facebook Indyaspeak @ Twitter Indyaspeak @ Pinterest RSS

Play Free Quiz and Win Cash