Rounding a number queried from a database


Posted on 16th Feb 2014 07:03 pm by admin

I know that to display a rounded number you just do echo "round($number)";. But how would I convert the $number varible into a rounded number, so that when I say echo "$number"; the rounded number shows up? For example I have a calculation that calculates the distance between two locations using longitude and latitude. $distance is the final result. But $distance is a very long decimal number. To do further calculations with it, I would like to round $distance so that it has no decimal places anymore (So 1482.894736593 would = 1483). So $distance would now equal 1483, not 1482.894736593. Then I could go on and calculate the time, cost, etc. and $number will stay rounded.

Did you know?Explore Trending and Topic pages for more stories like this.
Do you know what I am saying?
No comments posted yet

Your Answer:

Login to answer
252 Like 8 Dislike
Previous forums Next forums
Other forums

TemplatePower & AJAX
Hi all,



I'm currently implementing some AJAX features in my PHP-framework (which is b

private constructor
Hello,

Can we create a constructor as private? If yes, what is the use of it? If no, why can'

php mail form text wont appear / javascript included
Guys/gals...

I am running into a problem whereby I have a great piece of javascript code that

Hyperlink in PHP to MySQL record
Hello,

I am having trouble as i am new to php. I have connected to the database and I have di

Sessions work for me and not others?
I'm having a bit of bad luck with sessions. In the past they have worked fine for me, but this time

Warning: mysql_num_rows() supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource
This may be simple I just may need another pair of eyes..

When i get records back the below c

Module pool selction screen parameters combination logic
Hi floks,
Am new to the module pool development ,Recently i have created one program based on

Mysterious Timeouts
I've deployed a few simple AJAX-enabled web page to a local server that is accessed through the Inte

Problem with a select distinct
I have a problema with a select distinct, I have the next sql:

select distinct a,b,c,d fr

list files from folder, only one for each date
I have many files in a folder and wish to only list one of each date

these are the file names

Sign up to write
Sign up now if you have flare of writing..
Login   |   Register
Follow Us
Indyaspeak @ Facebook Indyaspeak @ Twitter Indyaspeak @ Pinterest RSS



Play Free Quiz and Win Cash