cURL Upload Help


Posted on 16th Feb 2014 07:03 pm by admin

OK, I am creating a bridge from a local program to my website and I am trying to find the best way to upload the client file from the local program (which is a CSV file) to my server. I was thinking I could use cURL to accomplish this feat. Basically the local program will invoke a batch file that opens my site with the path of the local file (which is the same file name and path everytime), then use cURL to upload that file to my server to be parsed and input into the database. Can this be done?
If so, I would have to just point the cURL to the .php file that would accept the uploaded file correct? And could I use POST for this with multi-form data and not PUT? Any input on this would be great, thanks.
Maybe something similar to this...
Code: $file='testWordDoc.doc';
Did you know?Explore Trending and Topic pages for more stories like this.

echo $file;

$ch = curl_init('http://myurl.com/recieve_posted.php');
curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_POSTFIELDS, array('file'=>"@$file",'testkey'=>'test value'));
curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_RETURNTRANSFER, 1);
$postResult = curl_exec($ch);
curl_close($ch);
print "$postResult";
No comments posted yet

Your Answer:

Login to answer
223 Like 45 Dislike
Previous forums Next forums
Other forums

All possible combinations of Strings from table in PL/SQL
Hi,

I am trying to figure out how to build a list of all possible string combinations fro

cURL Sending File as Post
This is a bit complicated, I'm just hoping someone else has run into this and knows how to do it a d

EXplanation help
Hey all,

I am still fairly new to PHP programming and I am trying to put together a page wher

Warning: session_start() headers already sent error - Driving me Nuts!
I am trying my sister in laws site and I keep getting an error with my coding. I am more of a design

Frustrated php Newbie
First off, I am pretty much a PHP nub. I can read and understand the language (most of the time) so

ctype() validation - allowing illegal characters
Hello,
I use ctype() to filter and validate a user form. However, I am trying to allow certain c

Need help/w Page: 1,2,3,4 function!
So I have this code im working on where it's ment to display seperate pages having 20 logs each
I

Displaying pictures
i have worked my way through storing images in directory and storing the location in mySQL db.Now i

Protecting forms
Alright, I want to protect some forms of mine from SQL Injections, because I had someone earlier spa

Check Digits and extracting digits
I think I can figure out the code for this but I am having a very hard time getting past the first s

Sign up to write
Sign up now if you have flare of writing..
Login   |   Register
Follow Us
Indyaspeak @ Facebook Indyaspeak @ Twitter Indyaspeak @ Pinterest RSS



Play Free Quiz and Win Cash