is this the proper use of mysql_real_escape_string() to prevent sql injections?


Posted on 16th Feb 2014 07:03 pm by admin

i was wondering is this the proper use of mysql_real_escape_string() to prevent sql injections? any help greatly appreciated. thanks. derek

Code: <?php
include("connect1.php");
Did you know?Explore Trending and Topic pages for more stories like this.

session_start(); // this is the session declaration , one per page.

$u = trim($_POST['username']);
$p = trim($_POST['password']);

$logoff = $_GET['logoff'];
$hack = $_GET['hack'];





if($logoff){


unset($_SESSION['userid']);

//session_destroy(); //commented out gets rid of the having to login twice.

$message = "You have been logged off";




}


if($hack){

$message = "Naughty Naughty!"; // COOL

}


// escape username and password for use in SQL
$u = mysql_real_escape_string($u);
$p = mysql_real_escape_string($p);


// if fields username and password have contents, then...
if($u && $p){

$query = mysql_query("SELECT * FROM table2 WHERE username = '$u' AND password = '$p'");

$result = mysql_fetch_array($query); //creates array called result,//notice we dont need a while loop here.

if($result['username']){

$message = "You have been logged in";

$_SESSION['userid'] = $result['username'];

header("Location:old.mainsite.php");
exit;


}else{

$message = "You do not exist on the system";

}



}
?>
No comments posted yet

Your Answer:

Login to answer
259 Like 53 Dislike
Previous forums Next forums
Other forums

Download Image from URL and Upload it
Ok, I have been googling for the last 1/2 hour trying to figure this out, Most likely I'm just not s

mr8m - reverse document
Friends,

I'm trying to reverse a document held by MIRO, but it reports the message balan

Sharing PHP Sessions Across Domains
I am in the process of writing a script to share a php session across various domains I have.
The

Is this Safe or Unsafe?
Hi i made a few pages with lots of peoples help now i just want to know if they are safe or not can

delete comma
HI,

How to delete "," at the end of the string.
Code: $match = 2009/02/03/a2corr

Calculating a rating by adding number of points and dividing by number of items
I have a site that users can post links to files to download. They can rate these files on a 1-5 sca

problem in pagination when processing with selectbox form
Hi,

I have a search form, with select boxes, if am selecting the value from the form, it work

Progress bar tracking file downloads
Hey guys, was wondering if there was a way to track how far a file has been downloaded. I know there

user validation always displaying invalid ? please help
Hello,

I have 2 accounts and there is a field in mysql called validated it can be either &quo

Coding question?
Hey guys, I have a quick question. If I want to make a way for people to pay for health in my game,

Sign up to write
Sign up now if you have flare of writing..
Login   |   Register
Follow Us
Indyaspeak @ Facebook Indyaspeak @ Twitter Indyaspeak @ Pinterest RSS



Play Free Quiz and Win Cash