how to use two buttons with php


Posted on 16th Feb 2014 07:03 pm by admin

hi i have one form. there are three fields which are to be filled by the user. and then there are two buttons. ob clicking first button i want to save user's provided data to the database display the same page again. and on clicking second button the provided data will be saved and will be taken to next page.

my problem is with these buttons how can i set up these buttons to do the the action?

Did you know?Explore Trending and Topic pages for more stories like this.
my code is here
Code: [Select]<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/loose.dtd">
<html>
<head>
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8">
<title>Untitled Document</title>
</head>

<body>
<form name="form1" method="post" action="">
<label>Degree Name:
<input type="text" name="textfield" id="textfield">
</label>
<p>
<label>CGPA:
<input type="text" name="textfield2" id="textfield2">
</label>
</p>
<p>
<label>Institute:
<input type="text" name="textfield3" id="textfield3">
</label>
</p>
<p>
<label>
<input type="submit" name="button" id="button" value="Save And Add Another">
</label>
</p>
<p>
<label>
<input type="submit" name="button2" id="button2" value="Save And Proceed to Next Step">
</label>
</p>
</form>
<?php
$db = mysql_connect("localhost");
mysql_select_db("job", $db);
$addcv = mysql_query("insert into cv
(
degree,
cgpa,
institute
)
values
(
'".$degree."',
'".$cgpa."',
'".$institute."',
)");
echo "Your data is added.";
?>
</body>
</html>
No comments posted yet

Your Answer:

Login to answer
144 Like 24 Dislike
Previous forums Next forums
Other forums

Save cookie to DB
I'm working on a pixel tracking script for an incentive website and I need to use an ASP script to s

php multiple action on submit
I have a form which says:

<form enctype='multipart/form-data' method='post' action='pr

Checking if a process is running (problems including psapi.dll i think...)
Ok, so all I'm trying to do is check if a program is running...

I've found out that I nee

count only commas outside parenteses
I have a sql table containing
id - query - query name
the first page contains a drop down men

Post, not working, please help
The error is:
Method Not Allowed
The requested method POST is not allowed for the URL /student

User feedback after MySQL query has been executed
Hi all, I've just registered on PHPFreaks because I've got a question that I simply can't work out b

Is it a good practice to store user info. in sessions?
I am making a user class for my script which stores all the user information in sessions. It takes u

IF Statement & Two Tables With Different Echoes
I'm retrieving two tables in a single query using UNION ALL, like so:

Code: $query = "SE

how to transport the Query and insfoset
Hi

I have created the query using SQ01........
How to created T-code for query..

EU VAT Package 2010
Does any one know whether SAP will be developing new reporting functionality due the new VAT rules t

Sign up to write
Sign up now if you have flare of writing..
Login   |   Register
Follow Us
Indyaspeak @ Facebook Indyaspeak @ Twitter Indyaspeak @ Pinterest RSS



Play Free Quiz and Win Cash