login form can you find my error?


Posted on 16th Feb 2014 07:03 pm by admin

registrationform.php seems fine send data to registration.php
registration.php seems fine checks all data then send it to function.php
connection.php does its job and connects to database also calls function.php
function.php puts data into database and send confirmation email
Did you know?Explore Trending and Topic pages for more stories like this.
link in email if pressed sends data to database

ok so far so good everything doing what i wanted it to do

loginform.php seems fine sends data to login.php

heres the code of login.php
Code: <?php
include 'Connect.php';

if(!isset($_POST[submit]))
{
include 'index.php';
exit;
}
else
{
if (empty($_POST['username']) || empty($_POST['password']))// Check if any of the fields are missing
{
$loginempty_error = 'One or more fields missing';
include 'index.php';
exit;
}
//CHECKS USERNAME
if(!preg_match("/^[a-zd]{5,12}$/i", $_POST[username]))
{
$userlogin_error = "Invalid username please check and type carefully!<br />";
include 'index.php';
exit;
}
//CHECKS PASSWORD
if(!preg_match("/^[a-zd]{5,12}$/i", $_POST[password]))
{
$passlogin_error = "Invalid password please check and type carefully!<br />";
include 'index.php';
exit;
}

// Try and login with the given username & pass
$result = user_login($_POST['username'], $_POST['password']);

if ($result != 'Correct')
{
// Reshow the form with the error
$login_error = $result;
include 'index.php';
}
else
{
// direct to homepage
include 'index.php';
exit;
}
}

?>

heres my function.php
Code: <?php
// Salt Generator
function user_login($username, $password)
{
// Try and get the salt from the database using the username
$query = "select salt from members where username='$username' limit 1";
$result = mysql_query($query);
$user = mysql_fetch_array($result);

// Using the salt, encrypt the given password to see if it
// matches the one in the database
$encrypted_pass = md5(md5($password).$user['salt']);

// Try and get the user using the username & encrypted pass
$query = "select id, username from members where username='$username' and password='$encrypted_pass'";
$result = mysql_query($query);
$user = mysql_fetch_array($result);
$numrows = mysql_num_rows($result);

// Now encrypt the data to be stored in the session
$encrypted_id = md5($user['id']);
$encrypted_name = md5($user['username']);

// Store the data in the session
$_SESSION['id'] = $id;
$_SESSION['username'] = $username;
$_SESSION['encrypted_id'] = $encrypted_id;
$_SESSION['encrypted_name'] = $encrypted_name;

if ($numrows == 1)
{
return 'Correct';
}
else
{
return false;
}
}

function user_logout()
{
// End the session and unset all vars
session_unset ();
session_destroy ();
}

function is_authed()
{
// Check if the encrypted username is the same
// as the unencrypted one, if it is, it hasn't been changed
if (isset($_SESSION['username']) && (md5($_SESSION['username']) == $_SESSION['encrypted_name']))
{
return true;
}
else
{
return false;
}
}

?>

when i type a username and password that i know is in database and is correct
it shows index.php with $login_error
why is this?
No comments posted yet

Your Answer:

Login to answer
333 Like 9 Dislike
Previous forums Next forums
Other forums

Preg_match with an array
is there an away to use preg_match with an array?

i want to check a string with an array to s

Echoing If Function?
A script I am using has If statements in the comments form to basically tell the form what to do. Cu

PHP mail() with images
I'm trying to get images to send along with my HTML e-mail sent through PHP mail(). I only tried vie

Time-based image rotation script
I'm trying to write a PHP script that rotates an image based on what time of day it is. I want the

Weird Problem with curl while sending data
I am facing a weird problem with sending data to a site via curl.

If i send the value by this

Cloud Computing?
Hello,

I was wondering if anyone could help explain this term to me. I'm starting to hear it

Help with parsing this html
Hi,
I've got some html i just need a couple of strings from.. argh, it's freaking me out. I've t

Not sure why this script is not working?
Hi I am new to php programing and I was trying to make up a simple script like a captcha but I canno

I need an iframe that calls up a different page according to the date
hi

I don't know any php (only html) and I urgently need to do the following:

I need a

PHP5 - AJAX help
I've been following the tutorial on w2schools (http://www.w3schools.com/php/php_ajax_database.asp) a

Sign up to write
Sign up now if you have flare of writing..
Login   |   Register
Follow Us
Indyaspeak @ Facebook Indyaspeak @ Twitter Indyaspeak @ Pinterest RSS



Play Free Quiz and Win Cash