MFC GUI Programming


Posted on 16th Feb 2014 07:03 pm by admin

I am working on a project right now that requires me to create a MFC Windows GUI. Basically it needs to be able to pop up after hitting a button from another main application which would also be a GUI ( The main window).

I have some idea how to do this but am not for sure. I am using Visual Studio 2005.

Did you know?Explore Trending and Topic pages for more stories like this.

I am unsure if I am doing it the right way.

Anybody have any suggestion on how I should approach the set up. Basically it needs to be a child GUI that attaches to a main application GUI when a button is pressed to launch it. This child gui will be calling functions or passing information to and from the main application.

Should I create a project with a CWinApp and CFrameWnd for this GUI or should I create just a .dll with only Dialogs for the GUI ( I can't run the second one to test).

I'm confused at the moment and the book I have is not to helpful...on how I should approach the set up.

Thank you...
No comments posted yet

Your Answer:

Login to answer
210 Like 22 Dislike
Previous forums Next forums
Other forums

Need help Updating SQL Server Express DB from c# :(
Please can anyone help with:-
1 How to sructure the strSelect statement.
2 How to instruct

header redirect problems? please help
Ok i am making a site that generates youtube thumbnails and i am generating an image that displays 1

NOOB needs help with upload file
The intent of this form is to create a folder for a client and upload an image into another folder '

my sql select id and then update problem.
I need to select some auto incremented ids out of a database and then use those id in a where statem

Renaming array keys
The issue: renaming array keys inside a foreach loop.

I'm trying to build a pie chart image w

How would I protect......
I have a from, actually, a good amount of forms. How can I make it so you can't type the characters:

Strange array issue, never happened before.
mysql_fetch_array returns 1 array per call. Generally that's why it is inserted into a while statem

Effort Estimation Template for Steady State Support
Hi Everyone,

Is there any SAP provided template/format for system change and enhancements

Not adding to db
Hi, I can't figure out why it won't add the record to the database. It's just a simple form to get

Socket problem
Hello,

Earlier I posted about my problem with my socket script. It took up to 100% CPU usage.

Sign up to write
Sign up now if you have flare of writing..
Login   |   Register
Follow Us
Indyaspeak @ Facebook Indyaspeak @ Twitter Indyaspeak @ Pinterest RSS



Play Free Quiz and Win Cash