pagination - need help on passing of search query.


Posted on 16th Feb 2014 07:03 pm by admin

Hi, i have been trying for days but couldn't get this sorted out. Would like some professional help here.
Basically I got a basic pagination script from google search and the script works absolutely well if i am to display the full results.
However i am using the 'SELECT...WHERE.. LIKE %$val%' and the result works well for the 1st page but not on the 2nd or 3rd page. i had a search form to submit my value. Some help as to where i should proceed is greatly appreciated! Cheers
Here's my coding:
Did you know?Explore Trending and Topic pages for more stories like this.

form.php
Code: <form action="FTsearch.php" method="post">
<table border=0 cellspace=1 cellpadding=3 bgcolor;"#353535"
align="center">
<tr>
<td bgcolor="#eeeeff" width="50%">
Device Number
</td>
<td bgcolor="#eeeeff" width="50%">
<INPUT type = "TEXT" name = "devicesearch">
</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td bgcolor ="eeeeff" colspan=2 align="center">
<INPUT Type="SUBMIT" name="submit" value="Device Search">
</td>
</tr>
</table>
</form>
FTsearch.php
Code: $val_d = $_POST['devicesearch'];

if ($_POST['SEARCH'] = 'Device Search')
{
$sql = "SELECT *
FROM device
WHERE device_num LIKE '%$val_d%' or '%$val_d'";

$results1 = mysql_query($sql) or die ("Sorry no match found!".mysql_error());

//This checks to see if there is a page number. If not, it will set it to page 1
if (!(isset($pagenum)))
{
$pagenum = 1;
}
$pagenum = $_GET['pagenum'];
echo "<center>";


/* if(!isset($_GET['page'])) {
$pagenum = 1;
} else {
$pagenum = $_GET['page'];
} */

$numrows = mysql_num_rows($results1);
$page_rows = 10; //This is the number of results displayed per page
$last = ceil($numrows/$page_rows); //This tells us the page number of our last page

if ($pagenum < 1) //this makes sure the page number isn't below one, or more than our maximum pages
{
$pagenum = 1;
}
elseif ($pagenum > $last)
{
$pagenum = $last;
}

$max = 'limit ' .($pagenum - 1) * $page_rows .',' .$page_rows; //This sets the range to display in our query

$sql = "SELECT *
FROM device
WHERE device_num LIKE '%$val_d%' or '%$val_d' $max";
$results = mysql_query($sql) or die (mysql_error());

// this is the result display
include "FTsearchtable.php";


echo "

<center>Page $pagenum of $last

"; // This shows the user what page they are on, and the total number of pages

// First we check if we are on page one.
//If we are then we don't need a link to the previous page or the first page so we do nothing.
//If we aren't then we generate links to the first page, and to the previous page.
if($pagenum>1)
{

echo " <a href='{$_SERVER['PHP_SELF']}?&pagenum=1'>First</a> ";
$previous = $pagenum-1;
echo " <a href='{$_SERVER['PHP_SELF']}?&pagenum=$previous'>Previous</a> ";
}
//This does the same as above, only checking if we are on the last page, and then generating the Next and Last links
if ($pagenum == $last)
{
}
else
{
$next = $pagenum+1;
echo " <a href='{$_SERVER['PHP_SELF']}?&pagenum=$next'>Next</a> ";
echo " ";
echo " <a href='{$_SERVER['PHP_SELF']}?&pagenum=$last'>Last</a> ";
}

}
No comments posted yet

Your Answer:

Login to answer
265 Like 38 Dislike
Previous forums Next forums
Other forums

Only add new information from XML to MySQL
What I am doing, is taking a xml file, and adding the values to a database. However, what I want to

Multi image upload
I have a gallery to build and want to build a dynamic upload form to allow for $var number of fields

Creation of Raw Exposure manually
SAP Gurus

I am creating Raw Exposure ( Hedge management ) thru T Code TEM10 with followin

CE 7.1 and External GIS integration
Hi All,

We want to develop an application on CE 7.1 which uses GIS features from an exter

How do I replace any number of character occurences with one occurrence?
How do I replace any number of character occurences with one occurrence?

Let's say I have:

Email with Attachments in PHP
Hi Friends

How to send email in PHP with attachment.
I know simple mail can be sent with

Hit counter updating once per IP - IP HIT COUNTER
I have a hit counter, for the amount of views on a tutorial.
It'll do the query and then do..

couldn't connect to your database
Hello I am new to php mysql

Actually i have read A tutorial on nettuts
"http://net.tu

Request.UrlReferrer
I need to make it so that a page can only be loaded when a button is clicked on a specific page. I d

How to set pass login name from htaccess to php
When the user logs into my members page via htaccess, I'd like to retain the username so that I can

Sign up to write
Sign up now if you have flare of writing..
Login   |   Register
Follow Us
Indyaspeak @ Facebook Indyaspeak @ Twitter Indyaspeak @ Pinterest RSS



Play Free Quiz and Win Cash