Please help with code for SMTP authenticated PHP email form


Posted on 16th Feb 2014 07:03 pm by admin

Hello, I'm creating a PHP email form, and for this particular server, I have to use SMTP Authentication. They hosting service sent me this link: http://email.about.com/od/emailprogramm ... cation.htm

Anyway, I have the form created, and I created the PHP file called mail.php. I finally got it to where it does send me an email, but the message is completely blank. My form has four fields, which are: name, email, telephone, and message, so these should each be emailed to me when the form is filled out.

Did you know?Explore Trending and Topic pages for more stories like this.
Thank you in advance if anyone can look this over.

Here is my PHP code:

Line number On/Off | Expand/Contract <?php require_once "Mail.php"; $from = "Jane Doe <jane.doe@gmail.com>"; $to = "JD <jim.doe@gmail.com>"; $subject = "Request to contact me"; $name = "name:n"; $email = "email:n"; $phone = "phone:n"; $message = "message:n"; $host = "smtp.gmail.com"; $username = "jane.doe"; $password = "blackcat35"; $headers = array ('From' => $from, 'To' => $to, 'Subject' => $subject); $smtp = Mail::factory('smtp', array ('host' => $host, 'auth' => true, 'username' => $username, 'password' => $password)); $mail = $smtp->send($to, $headers, $body); if (PEAR::isError($mail)) { echo("<p>" . $mail->getMessage() . "</p>"); } else { print "<meta http-equiv="refresh" content="0;URL=received.htm">"; } ?>
And here is my HTML form:
Line number On/Off | Expand/Contract <form method="POST" action="mail.php"> <p>Fields marked (*) are required</p><p><strong>Name:* </strong>
<input name="name" type="text" size="40" maxlength="50" id="name" /> <p><strong>Email:* </strong>
<input name="email" type="text" size="40" id="email"><p><strong>Telephone:</strong>
<input name="message" type="text" size="40" maxlength="30" id="message" /> <p><strong>Message:* </strong>
<textarea name="message" cols="40" id="message"></textarea><p><input type="submit" name="submit" value="Submit"> <input type="reset" name="Clear" id="Clear" value="Reset" /> </form>
No comments posted yet

Your Answer:

Login to answer
70 Like 27 Dislike
Previous forums Next forums
Other forums

Finding digits in variable containing text, and IDing them
$romanstock = "http://www.remoteprice.com/data.asp?storeid=123&itemcode=456&typ

updating a single value to multiple non consecutive rows
I need to update the same value to multiple non consecutive rows. I need to add an experation date t

breaking a text file into paragraphs based on strings
I have a text file of email addresses that is all squished together. It looks like this:

abc

php forms and database navigatio
Hello,
I'm new to php and i'd like to post the following.
I have written code to get records f

Searching keywords from array
Hello everyone, Im just wondering if someone could help me with another issue im having. Im still le

Giving the below syntax error
Dear Experts,

I have used 2 buttons in gui status as display and cjhange.When the user wi

Parse error: parse error in C:wampwwwlogspagesmembers.php on line 16
I dont see the problem with this, I always get Parse error: parse error in C:wampwwwlogspagesme

Extract specific information from a PHP Multidimensional Array
Howdy! I've racked my brain over this for 24 hours now. I think it's time I asked for help. I'm lear

PHP Login
Hey!
I got this shopcart code online, am trying to modify it but am getting an error when i try a

How do I use a global footer..?
If my index.php has a bole bunch of if functions and exit's in them

Sign up to write
Sign up now if you have flare of writing..
Login   |   Register
Follow Us
Indyaspeak @ Facebook Indyaspeak @ Twitter Indyaspeak @ Pinterest RSS



Play Free Quiz and Win Cash