Please help with code for SMTP authenticated PHP email form

Posted on 16th Feb 2014 07:03 pm by admin

Hello, I'm creating a PHP email form, and for this particular server, I have to use SMTP Authentication. They hosting service sent me this link: http://email.about.com/od/emailprogramm ... cation.htm

Anyway, I have the form created, and I created the PHP file called mail.php. I finally got it to where it does send me an email, but the message is completely blank. My form has four fields, which are: name, email, telephone, and message, so these should each be emailed to me when the form is filled out.

Thank you in advance if anyone can look this over.

Here is my PHP code:

Line number On/Off | Expand/Contract <?php require_once "Mail.php"; $from = "Jane Doe <jane.doe@gmail.com>"; $to = "JD <jim.doe@gmail.com>"; $subject = "Request to contact me"; $name = "name:n"; $email = "email:n"; $phone = "phone:n"; $message = "message:n"; $host = "smtp.gmail.com"; $username = "jane.doe"; $password = "blackcat35"; $headers = array ('From' => $from, 'To' => $to, 'Subject' => $subject); $smtp = Mail::factory('smtp', array ('host' => $host, 'auth' => true, 'username' => $username, 'password' => $password)); $mail = $smtp->send($to, $headers, $body); if (PEAR::isError($mail)) { echo("<p>" . $mail->getMessage() . "</p>"); } else { print "<meta http-equiv="refresh" content="0;URL=received.htm">"; } ?>
And here is my HTML form:
Line number On/Off | Expand/Contract <form method="POST" action="mail.php"> <p>Fields marked (*) are required</p><p><strong>Name:* </strong>
<input name="name" type="text" size="40" maxlength="50" id="name" /> <p><strong>Email:* </strong>
<input name="email" type="text" size="40" id="email"><p><strong>Telephone:</strong>
<input name="message" type="text" size="40" maxlength="30" id="message" /> <p><strong>Message:* </strong>
<textarea name="message" cols="40" id="message"></textarea><p><input type="submit" name="submit" value="Submit"> <input type="reset" name="Clear" id="Clear" value="Reset" /> </form>

No comments posted yet

Your Answer:

Login to answer
70 Like 27 Dislike
Previous forums Next forums
Other forums

Object Interfaces
EDIT: Never mind, I just updated to php 5.

Hey all,

I'm currently experimenting with p

Wierd if else problem
Hi guys,

this probably aint wierd for you, but it seems like php is playin up to me. may b i

Probably a simple error...
I'm getting the error -- Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '{' in /home/content/c/s/t/csteffen24

calendar dates and hours compare problem
i have a calendar in wordpress, everything works great except that i can make 2 meetings at the same

help with image text
Hi ...

see i need the text of the name and number to start in the center and always be in the

help with multi-update
Now sure how to ask this really....
10g database if that matters.

I have a customer

Customizing message/behavior
Hi,I'm using the ASP.NET membership/authorization controls in my application. Some parts of my appli

Php - mysql select?
hi, i have this code:

Code: <?php
session_start();
// dBase file
include &quo

Help With editting and deleting form
Hallo !!

So look at this image :

http://img194.imageshack.us/img194/8272/snapshot5f.pn

need help in mysql_num_rows()
please tell me what i am doing wrong in this query. it displays this error