Custom list order

Posted on 16th Feb 2014 07:03 pm by admin

Hi there,

I have checked this tutorial and it's great till the point where I want to display my data by a variable.

Let's say that I have in my table these fields:
- id
- name
- usort
- category

I want to display the information by category. But then, when I use the script described in the tutorial, it does not work properly as it changes the position in the table by +/-1, not with the row I want it to be changed with. Ultimately it will work when it goes up/down the appropriate row.

I guess there should be a way of fixing that by swapping the usort number, but I have to admit that my skills do not allow me to do that.

Does anyone have an idea how I could do what I would like to do?

No comments posted yet

Your Answer:

Login to answer
51 Like 31 Dislike
Previous forums Next forums
Other forums

Do While statement
hi guys,

This may sound trivial but im new to php and as part of an assignmenti have to const

Inserting 100x and 100y coordinates in mysql table - easy
Is there a way to insert this data into a mysql table named 'map' with the fields: 'x int 3' , 'y in

please help me in this update statment
hi every one

if I have table and this data in it

id name

Check before inserting in DB ???
This is my code
---------------
if ( $_POST ['Submit'])
{{
$username = $_POST ['usernm

Optimize Code
Just started getting into the use of cookies. The following code will redirect users to a set URL s

form variables from database help.
Hi all,

I would like to have a form that gives you options based on the results of an mysql q

Dynamic links in an include file
I am working on a small piece of code that counts records from a database and displays the result to

my sql select id and then update problem.
I need to select some auto incremented ids out of a database and then use those id in a where statem

preg-match with a string and numbers
Hi, I can't get the expression to work for my preg_match, what I'd like is for it to match the strin

Multi dimensional arrays
If I put in this code:

13<

Login   |   Register
Follow Us
Indyaspeak @ Facebook Indyaspeak @ Twitter Indyaspeak @ Pinterest RSS

Play Free Quiz and Win Cash