small inaccuracies


Posted on 16th Feb 2014 07:03 pm by admin

I have this code to convert fractional base 10 into base 2:

while($num > 0)
{
Did you know?Explore Trending and Topic pages for more stories like this.
echo "<tr><td>". $num." * 2 = </td><td>". $num*2 ."</td></tr>";
$num= $num*2;
if($num>= 1)
{ $num-= 1; $bin .= "1"; }
else
{ $bin .= "0"; }
}

anyway, stuff gets off, example:

Quote0.7 * 2 = 1.4
0.4 * 2 = 0.8
0.8 * 2 = 1.6
0.6 * 2 = 1.2
0.2 * 2 = 0.4
0.4 * 2 = 0.8
0.8 * 2 = 1.6
0.6 * 2 = 1.2
0.2 * 2 = 0.4
0.4 * 2 = 0.8
0.8 * 2 = 1.6
0.6 * 2 = 1.2
0.2 * 2 = 0.4
0.4 * 2 = 0.799999999999
0.799999999999 * 2 = 1.6
0.599999999999 * 2 = 1.2
0.199999999997 * 2 = 0.399999999994
0.399999999994 * 2 = 0.799999999988
0.799999999988 * 2 = 1.59999999998
0.599999999977 * 2 = 1.19999999995
0.199999999953 * 2 = 0.399999999907
0.399999999907 * 2 = 0.799999999814
0.799999999814 * 2 = 1.59999999963
0.599999999627 * 2 = 1.19999999925
0.199999999255 * 2 = 0.39999999851
0.39999999851 * 2 = 0.79999999702
0.79999999702 * 2 = 1.59999999404
0.59999999404 * 2 = 1.19999998808
0.199999988079 * 2 = 0.399999976158
0.399999976158 * 2 = 0.799999952316
0.799999952316 * 2 = 1.59999990463
0.599999904633 * 2 = 1.19999980927
0.199999809265 * 2 = 0.39999961853
0.39999961853 * 2 = 0.799999237061
0.799999237061 * 2 = 1.59999847412
0.599998474121 * 2 = 1.19999694824
0.199996948242 * 2 = 0.399993896484
0.399993896484 * 2 = 0.799987792969
0.799987792969 * 2 = 1.59997558594
0.599975585938 * 2 = 1.19995117188
0.199951171875 * 2 = 0.39990234375
0.39990234375 * 2 = 0.7998046875
0.7998046875 * 2 = 1.599609375
0.599609375 * 2 = 1.19921875
0.19921875 * 2 = 0.3984375
0.3984375 * 2 = 0.796875
0.796875 * 2 = 1.59375
0.59375 * 2 = 1.1875
0.1875 * 2 = 0.375
0.375 * 2 = 0.75
0.75 * 2 = 1.5
0.5 * 2 = 1
obviously, 0.4 * 2 does not equal 0.799999999999

how can i fix these inaccuracies?
No comments posted yet

Your Answer:

Login to answer
335 Like 33 Dislike
Previous forums Next forums
Other forums

PHP Blog help
Need help with posting comments in a word press blog? I have a comments page where the comments are

Uploading Filetypes and placing them in seperate folders.
Hello,

first post , and asking for help im afraid. Very new to PHP, was making good progress

Problem with PHP/mySQL login code
Hello,

There is an error in my login script and I can't figure out what it is...
I believe

Help with echo()
I'm having some problems with this code:

Code: echo '
<A HREF="jav

Database connection failure
Hello All,

I am trying to create new connection to Oracle DB 10.1,
I could not see a

Comment Mod System Effects all rows...
Sorry if its confusing but here is whats going on: I have a table in a database called comments and

Securing a user input - need some confirmation
Hello All,

I am in the process of recoding a large proportion of an e-commerce site, one of t

Simple email form - Newbie
Hello all,

First time poster!

I've been asked to create a simple HTML form that submit

How to get variable value on next page
Hello friends
i am working on payentry page ..there i have this code.........

Adding to the next element in a multidimensional array
Hi, I'm trying to add a value to $node->field_spaces['nid'] where x is the next available spo

Sign up to write
Sign up now if you have flare of writing..
Login   |   Register
Follow Us
Indyaspeak @ Facebook Indyaspeak @ Twitter Indyaspeak @ Pinterest RSS



Play Free Quiz and Win Cash