Using two $_POST Function / Switch () statements, second does not work.


Posted on 16th Feb 2014 07:03 pm by admin

Hi all. I’m new to php and am having a problem getting $_POST Function / switch () to work. I am coding a registration form. I ask the user a Yes/No question. Depending on the answer I have an Include () bring in the coding for the next step of the registration process, which also has a Yes/No question. I am using submit buttons for the user to give me the answers.

The first $_POST Function / switch () works and will include () the proper coding. The second $_POST Function / switch () does not work.

Did you know?Explore Trending and Topic pages for more stories like this.
Both are essentially the same coding with just the variable name changed.

This is the coding used:

<form action="register.php" method="post" name="regForm" id="regForm">
//
HTML in between, input user first name / last name
//
(This works)

// Asking if user is a real estate agent

<?php

$agent = " ";

if (!isset($_POST['agent']))
{
//If not isset -> set with dummy value
$_POST['agent'] = " ";
}

?>

<table align = "center" border="5" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="0">

<col width="430" >

<tr align = "center">

<td>

Are you a licensed Florida real estate agent?



// This is the submit buttons

<input type="submit" name="agent" value="No">&nbsp;&nbsp;

<input type="submit" name="agent" value="Yes">

</td>

</tr>

</table>

// Yes / No switch

<?php

$agent = $_POST['agent'];

switch( $agent ) {
case 'No':
include ("register_3.php");
break;
case 'Yes':
include ("register_2.php");
break;
}

?>

Once the above Yes/No is executed it brings in:

(This does not work)

// Asking if user want to sign up for foreclosure list

<?php

$forlst = " ";

if (!isset($_POST['forlst']))
{
//If not isset -> set with dummy value
$_POST['forlst'] = " ";
}

?>
<table align = "center" border="5" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="0">

<col width="430" >

<tr align = "center">

<td>

Would you like to receive our weekly foreclosure list (by email)



//This is the submit buttons

<input type="submit" name="forlst" value="No">&nbsp;&nbsp;

<input type="submit" name="forlst" value="Yes">

</td>

</tr>

</table>

// Yes / No switch

<?php

$forlst = $_POST['forlst'];

switch( $forlst ) {
case 'No':
include ("register_4.php");
break;
case 'Yes':
include ("register_4.php");
break;
}

?>

What am I doing wrong? Do I need to some how clear the POST before I use the function again? If so, how do I do it?
No comments posted yet

Your Answer:

Login to answer
103 Like 46 Dislike
Previous forums Next forums
Other forums

Adding Outlook 2007 items via file upload
I am looking for a way to be able to attach an Outlook item (an email message) in an ASP.NET 3.5 app

Extract text from string
Hi folks,

I have a string that looks like this:

aaaaaaaaaa:
bbbbbbbbbb (ccccccccc)

Error querying database.
I get the above error when trying to insert some values to a datatable.
Here's the code :

Displaying Multidimensional Arrays...about to put my head in a vice, PLEASE HELP
I am fairly new to PHP and MySQL and I have a problem which I have been trying to resolve for days.

matching numbers inside ( )
I know I can match numbers by just [0-9]+, so I thought matching numbers inside ( ) would be somethi

Which PHP-Editor do you think is the best?
Hi everyone,
Myself Brian Anderson. For the last 2 years i have been working a

Progress bar tracking file downloads
Hey guys, was wondering if there was a way to track how far a file has been downloaded. I know there

Module pool selction screen parameters combination logic
Hi floks,
Am new to the module pool development ,Recently i have created one program based on

Access website from only 1 computer...?
One of my customers wants his website to only be accessed by people in which they bought the website

insert quotes
Hi,

I have an output like this:
Code: john,18,Cancer
How can I change this to
Code:

Sign up to write
Sign up now if you have flare of writing..
Login   |   Register
Follow Us
Indyaspeak @ Facebook Indyaspeak @ Twitter Indyaspeak @ Pinterest RSS



Play Free Quiz and Win Cash