using variables in another page

Posted on 16th Feb 2014 07:03 pm by admin

I have a test database set up on localhost. I have a form that I can type a name into, hit the button and it puts the name into the database and into a list on my page. it works fine. Now, I wanted to make a drop down list with all the names so that you could select one to remove that name from the database. So I did this

Code: <form>
<select>
<option><?php echo $name ?></option>
</select>
</form>

What that did was list the very last name in the list. What I thought it would do was list all the names based on the loop that I have set up to read all the names from the database. which is this

Code: $mysql = new mysqli('localhost', 'myusername', 'mypass', 'mydatabase') or die('not working');

$result = $mysql->query("SELECT * FROM myTable") or die($mysql->error);

if($result)
{
while($row = $result->fetch_object())
{
$name = $row->names;
echo $name . "<br />";
}
}

Now the while loop is in a file I called results and it is included in the index page with an include. I thought this would give me access to the $name variable and allow me to use it the same way it's being used in the loop. of course I was wrong, so how do I use it the same way?

No comments posted yet

Your Answer:

Login to answer
333 Like 21 Dislike
Previous forums Next forums
Other forums

Loops and Classes
I am making a template system and everything seems to be going well up until I have to loop in a var

Motivational Posters
Hello,

I wonder how can i do them in php. Are there any sample codes that you can show me?

need Array help
This is what I have to do.
$teamname[1] = "Red Sox"
$teamname[2] = "Gian

Problem with creating FI documents
Hi, Experts!

when i create Fi doc. with standart transaction, i ve been had such problem

New to PHP and just trying to understand a little code.
I hope I'm not annoying anyone or breaking the rules but I was wondering about this bit of code righ

Need help with a mail notify function
I was tasked with setting up a site that's been prewritten. The site is basically a form that captur

Product categories for registration
Dear all,

We are going live with the Supplier registered next week. At standard, the 'sel

ME54/ME54N Conditional check for Release of PR
Hi Gurus,

My requirement is to put a check on the release of the PR with respect to the c

Need help making a blockquote and line items conditional
I have some code I bought a few years ago that allows my clients to update content on their site usi

Display error above the login forum help!
Hi guys. just so you know im not asking for someone to do this for me I just need to be pointed in t

Login   |   Register
Follow Us
Indyaspeak @ Facebook Indyaspeak @ Twitter Indyaspeak @ Pinterest RSS

Play Free Quiz and Win Cash