Variable passed to each() is not an array or object


Posted on 16th Feb 2014 07:03 pm by admin

Hi,

This is a email a friend type of form, and it isn't working anymore.

Did you know?Explore Trending and Topic pages for more stories like this.
<?

function validate_email($email, $location) {
$valid_address = true;

$mail_pat = '^(.+)@(.+)$';
$valid_chars = "[^] ()<>@,;:.\"[]";
$atom = "$valid_chars+";
$quoted_user='("[^"]*")';
$word = "($atom|$quoted_user)";
$user_pat = "^$word(.$word)*$";
$ip_domain_pat='^[([0-9]{1,3}).([0-9]{1,3}).([0-9]{1,3}).([0-9]{1,3})]$';
$domain_pat = "^$atom(.$atom)*$";

if (eregi($mail_pat, $email, $components)) {
$user = $components[1];
$domain = $components[2];
// validate user
if (eregi($user_pat, $user)) {
// validate domain
if (eregi($ip_domain_pat, $domain, $ip_components)) {
// this is an IP address
for ($i=1;$i<=4;$i++) {
if ($ip_components[$i] > 255) {
$valid_address = false;
break;
}
}
}
else {
// Domain is a name, not an IP
if (eregi($domain_pat, $domain)) {
/* domain name seems valid, but now make sure that it ends in a valid TLD or ccTLD
and that there's a hostname preceding the domain or country. */
$domain_components = explode(".", $domain);
// Make sure there's a host name preceding the domain.
if (sizeof($domain_components) < 2) {
$valid_address = false;
} else {
$top_level_domain = strtolower($domain_components[sizeof($domain_components)-1]);
// Allow all 2-letter TLDs (ccTLDs)
if (eregi('^[a-z][a-z]$', $top_level_domain) != 1) {
$tld_pattern = '';
// Get authorized TLDs from text file
$file_t = $location . "functions/tld.txt";
$tlds = file($file_t);
while (list(,$line) = each($tlds)) {
// Get rid of comments
$words = explode('#', $line);
$tld = trim($words[0]);
// TLDs should be 3 letters or more
if (eregi('^[a-z]{3,}$', $tld) == 1) {
$tld_pattern .= '^' . $tld . '$|';
}
}
// Remove last '|'
$tld_pattern = substr($tld_pattern, 0, -1);
if (eregi("$tld_pattern", $top_level_domain) == 0) {
$valid_address = false;
}
}
}
}
else {
$valid_address = false;
}
}
}
else {
$valid_address = false;
}
}
else {
$valid_address = false;
}
if ($valid_address && ENTRY_EMAIL_ADDRESS_CHECK == 'true') {
if (!checkdnsrr($domain, "MX") && !checkdnsrr($domain, "A")) {
$valid_address = false;
}
}
return $valid_address;
}

?>

These are the errors I get:

Warning: failed to open stream: No such file or directory on line 46

Warning: Variable passed to each() is not an array or object on line 47

Warning: eregi() [function.eregi]: REG_EMPTY on line 58

Could someone please help me.

Thank you
No comments posted yet

Your Answer:

Login to answer
140 Like 5 Dislike
Previous forums Next forums
Other forums

simplexml_load_file and rss problem
Hi,

I have a problem parsing an rss feed using simplexml_load_file - this is strange as i hav

read integers that returns a negative or prints the average
Im trying to finish this homework assignment by tommarow afternoon and I keep getting stuck.
Wr

Php script to read msword file
hi,

I need to read a msword file and i want to print the contents in that word file.

i

Writing to the middle of a file
Hi I have a bit of a problem. Is there any way i can write some text to a middle of a text file. For

user administration
Dear @all,

what I have to do to set the user defaults for new users. At the moment I woul

problem with script manager
Hi iam using Net.2005.I have created ajax enabledwebsite.i have master page in which i have script m

Display the user's weight lost in the past week
Hello everyone,

I am working on a weight loss app for my site, and I want to display the user

TimeStamp Column Problem...
I'm mad at my self and thinking I'm a little retarded. It just be some one mistake I'm missing here.

Looking for help on using joining mysql tables and php....
Does anyone have any good links to references on how to pull mysql data, through joining tables and

shoping cart issues
i´ve wrote this and works when i add an item to, my cart, but when i want to add othrer item just

Sign up to write
Sign up now if you have flare of writing..
Login   |   Register
Follow Us
Indyaspeak @ Facebook Indyaspeak @ Twitter Indyaspeak @ Pinterest RSS



Play Free Quiz and Win Cash