* Gridview and Detailsview in UpdatePanel, insert mode problem

Posted on 16th Feb 2014 07:03 pm by admin

I have a GridView and DetailsView working together. When a record from Gridview is selected, DetailsView is opened for edit/insert/deletion of records. When user searches for a record and no record exists, I present the DetailsView in Insert mode(GridView doesn't exist/is blank at this time). This mode and all other modes of this combination work fine.However, if I put GridView and DetailsView in an UpdatePanel, the gridview and detailsview work fine except for when the gridview is blank/not existing and detailsview is in insert mode.The update command of the DetailsViewdoesn't go through.Need help!

No comments posted yet

Your Answer:

Login to answer
96 Like 50 Dislike
Previous forums Next forums
Other forums

ctype() validation - allowing illegal characters
Hello,
I use ctype() to filter and validate a user form. However, I am trying to allow certain c

Oracle11g Patch issue
Hi all,

I'm getting the following error while installing Oracle11g Patch 11.1.0.7.0 on IBM-AI

Script not running properly
Hello Everyone
This is a basic script for posting to a database. I'm not sure why it doesn't work

writing a screen scraper
Hello,

I'm writing a screen scraper application and want to be able to get absolute addresses

Retreiving objects from Sessions
Hi all,

I am getting really frustrated with storing and retreiving objects from a session. Bu

Multipe Dynamic Controls & AutoPostback Issue
I currently have a need to create many dynamic controls (Example Textboxes) that need to do a PostBa

Echo-ing MySQL content and Keep Formatting?
I have data in my MySQL such as:

QuoteBlah blah

Blah blah

etc
but when i ech

Why is this query failing?
Why is this not working?
$query = "SELECT * FROM `users` WHERE `userid` = " . $USERID

DATEDIFF Question
First time post, and of course it is a help question.

I am using a WP plug-in to display prev

how to get IP address?
hey guys,

i have this code which is supposed to get me the IP address of my site visitors:

Login   |   Register
Follow Us
Indyaspeak @ Facebook Indyaspeak @ Twitter Indyaspeak @ Pinterest RSS

Play Free Quiz and Win Cash