* Gridview and Detailsview in UpdatePanel, insert mode problem

Posted on 16th Feb 2014 07:03 pm by admin

I have a GridView and DetailsView working together. When a record from Gridview is selected, DetailsView is opened for edit/insert/deletion of records. When user searches for a record and no record exists, I present the DetailsView in Insert mode(GridView doesn't exist/is blank at this time). This mode and all other modes of this combination work fine.However, if I put GridView and DetailsView in an UpdatePanel, the gridview and detailsview work fine except for when the gridview is blank/not existing and detailsview is in insert mode.The update command of the DetailsViewdoesn't go through.Need help!

No comments posted yet

Your Answer:

Login to answer
96 Like 50 Dislike
Previous forums Next forums
Other forums

Default TimeZone
The server I'm working with is hosted in America so all times inserted into the database are coming

error help - Dynamic Image
I've been working on making my site less cluttered in the directories and more secure lately. In an

Target costs on Process orders not calculating
Hi All,

We have released standard costs for all the materials. We have also done Goods r

Confusing Functions
So, I've been reading up on Functions and I like them! However, I need some help using variables in

ScriptResource.axd gives an error on fresh install of ASP.NET Ajax 1.0
Hello,I have a fresh install of Microsoft ASP.NET Ajax 1.0. When I create an Ajax enabled website in

php wont update my db
hello,

sorry for posting in mysql forum but i dont know where exactly is the problem but here

Text Not Displaying Correctly With PHP:GD
I recently moved servers and since then I have noticed that one line of text is showing weirdly.

Multiple upload and Resize
I would like some help on my script I have the for my index.php

////

<html&

Filtering for a phrase using pregmatch
Here is my code which looks for addresses which start with ' src=" '

Code: [Select]preg_

socket communication between c++/java and sending image
hi,

i have a class in c++ called win32_sockserver which creates socket to java. i am trying

Login   |   Register
Follow Us
Indyaspeak @ Facebook Indyaspeak @ Twitter Indyaspeak @ Pinterest RSS

Play Free Quiz and Win Cash