* Gridview and Detailsview in UpdatePanel, insert mode problem


Posted on 16th Feb 2014 07:03 pm by admin

I have a GridView and DetailsView working together. When a record from Gridview is selected, DetailsView is opened for edit/insert/deletion of records. When user searches for a record and no record exists, I present the DetailsView in Insert mode(GridView doesn't exist/is blank at this time). This mode and all other modes of this combination work fine.However, if I put GridView and DetailsView in an UpdatePanel, the gridview and detailsview work fine except for when the gridview is blank/not existing and detailsview is in insert mode.The update command of the DetailsViewdoesn't go through.Need help!
No comments posted yet

Your Answer:

Login to answer
96 Like 50 Dislike
Previous forums Next forums
Other forums

Adding Different Numbers From MySQL
Basically I have a mysql database with a couple prices as the following:

9.99
9.99
9.99

Asset Transfer from One plant to another within same company code
Hi,

Please advise how to transfer one asset from one plant to another plant within same c

Help please - How to validate from 2 possible answers
Hi

I hope somebody can help me with what will probably be really simple, I'm pulling my hair

mySQL and PHP search
Hello,
I am trying to code a project and ran into a brick wall with one of my pages. I am pretty

How could I do this?
Ive got a simple lottery game, and am using an sql database to keep track of the numbers bought. But

Inserting the current date/time while submitting the forum
What do I need to add below to update the current date/time? I have a field in the database called d

Alternate messaging
I have 4 strings in MySQL db1

$string1 : Hello
$string2 : Hi
$string3 : Great
$strin

confused between ' ' and " "
there is a php i set:
$begin_date_query = mysql_query( "SELECT SUBDATE(due_date, INTERVAL $d

strtotime issue
Hey all,

I'm playing around with some code, and basically the idea is:

Person changes

Loops and Classes
I am making a template system and everything seems to be going well up until I have to loop in a var

Sign up to write
Sign up now if you have flare of writing..
Login   |   Register
Follow Us
Indyaspeak @ Facebook Indyaspeak @ Twitter Indyaspeak @ Pinterest RSS



Play Free Quiz and Win Cash