want to add a break after a certain amount of characters


Posted on 16th Feb 2014 07:03 pm by admin

i was wondering how to add a break in a blog post after a certain amount of characters... any idea on how to do this???

this is the code i'm workig with

Did you know?Explore Trending and Topic pages for more stories like this.
<?php

$connect = mysql_connect("localhost", "root", "") or die(mysql_error());
mysql_select_db("blog", $connect) or die(mysql_error());

echo "<h1>Blog</h1>";

$query = mysql_query("SELECT * FROM blog");

if (mysql_num_rows($query) == 0) {
echo "<hr />There are no posts yet, make the first in the admin section!";
} else {
while ($row = mysql_fetch_assoc($query)) {
echo "<hr />";
$title2 = $row['title'];
$name = $row['name'];
$email = $row['email'];
$post = $row['post'];
$date = $row['date'];
$time = $row['time'];

echo "<h3>Title: " . $title2 . "</h3><table width='100%'><tr><td><b>Posted by: " . $name . "(" . $email . ") at " . $time . " on " . $date . "</b></td></tr><tr><td>" . nl2br(strip_tags($post)) . "</td></tr></table>n";
}
}

echo "<hr />";

$page = $_GET['p'];
if ($page) {
$path = "/inc/" . $page . ".php";
if (file_exists($path)) {
include ($path);
}
}

echo "Are you an admin? <a href='index.php?p=blog&p=credentials'>Place a post</a>";

?>
No comments posted yet

Your Answer:

Login to answer
117 Like 36 Dislike
Previous forums Next forums
Other forums

How to extract/download content from HTTPS page?
Hello to all the Members of this forum, Im Shoiab, A novice programmer in php.. for my first job I h

Preserving user-entered linebreaks
Hi, I'm building a web 2.0 thingy from scratch and I wanna display text which users input. It's all

Can't find the problem (no error message)!
OK, here's the deal. This code is really weirdly formatted (sorry!) and hard to understand, so I'm g

Retreiving objects from Sessions
Hi all,

I am getting really frustrated with storing and retreiving objects from a session. Bu

Php If in MySql query (hiding labels if a field is empty)
Okay, I've been trying to do this for a while, and I'm finally going to ask for help so I can get th

Add weeks in a query?
I have a SQL that summarizes the quantity per week. The weeks that has no value does not exist in th

Sort Alternative/bi-monthly
Hi all,

Am going mad trying to get something to work.

I'm creating a CMS for a magazi

Hi, explode and strstr.
Hi, I seem to be confused about the strstr function, eg. i have a string like:
"a.b.c.d.e.f&

Inserting the current date/time while submitting the forum
What do I need to add below to update the current date/time? I have a field in the database called d

How to generate a text file using php...?
Hi,
Can anyone give me code to generate a text file using php


Thanks in advance

Sign up to write
Sign up now if you have flare of writing..
Login   |   Register
Follow Us
Indyaspeak @ Facebook Indyaspeak @ Twitter Indyaspeak @ Pinterest RSS



Play Free Quiz and Win Cash