
Mumbai's civic administration has initiated action against filmmaker Aditya Dhar's production banner, citing repeated violations of safety norms during the shooting of "Dhurandhar: The Revenge." This move could significantly impact ongoing and future filming in the city.
Violation of Civic Guidelines
The Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation (BMC) has sought approval to permanently bar B62 Studios from applying for shooting permissions in Mumbai. This proposal comes after several alleged violations of police and civic guidelines during a recent shooting in South Mumbai's A Ward.
Aditya Dhar will not be able to shoot in Mumbai.
According to civic officials, the Deputy Municipal Commissioner (Zone I) has approved a proposal to blacklist Aditya Dhar's B62 Studios, along with two other applicants – Komal Pokhriyal and Nasir Khan. If approved, the three will be unable to apply for filming permissions through the Maharashtra Film, Stage and Cultural Development Corporation Limited portal.
An official from the BMC told The Indian Express, "Following the approval, the three applicants – Komal Pokhriyal, Nasir Khan, and B62 Production House – will no longer be able to apply for shooting permissions on the Maharashtra Film, Stage and Cultural Development Corporation website. On Tuesday, we will send a notice to all three applicants informing them of the action, and a copy of the notice will also be shared with the Maharashtra Film Cell and the BMC's Business Cell Head."
The civic body has also proposed a fine of ₹1 lakh, alleging that the shooting took place on the rooftop of a building and that two generator vans were operated without the necessary permissions. Additionally, officials have recommended forfeiting the previously submitted deposit of ₹25,000.
Allegations against B62 Studios
The case reportedly began earlier this month. On January 30, B62 Studios was granted permission to shoot between Modi Street and Perin Nariman Street in A Ward. However, officials later claimed that the production completely violated police conditions prohibiting the use of firecrackers and flammable materials during the shooting on February 7 and 8. The deposits were subsequently forfeited, and a threat of blacklisting was issued.
Five torches seized
However, a senior official said that complaints were received around 12:45 a.m. on February 14th, alleging the use of burning torches during the shooting. The official said, "Upon receiving another complaint 15 minutes later, Mumbai Police officers arrived at the scene and confiscated five torches that were lit during the shooting. It was also ensured that no flammable material was used during the shooting until 4 a.m."
Ranveer Singh, Akshaye Khanna, Sanjay Dutt, R. Madhavan, and Sara Arjun starrer "Dhurandhar: The Revenge" is scheduled to release on March 19, 2026.
Whenever opening batsman Abhishek Sharma’s bat fires, it spells trouble for the bowlers and
Sara Arjun—known for her role as Yelina in Dhurandhar—found herself in a tricky situa
Filmmaker Ram Gopal Varma has previously supported Aditya Dhar and Ranveer Singh's films "Dhurand
Legendary batsman Sachin Tendulkar is celebrating his 53rd birthday today. Sachin has received bi
Delhi Police has arrested Youth Congress President Uday Bhanu Chib in connection with the protest
On the occasion of Dr. Bhimrao Ambedkar’s 135th birth anniversary, the Modi Archive shared
Significant news is emerging from the Canadian province of British Columbia. Ten people, includin
For the record, the Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) has removed MP Raghav Chadha from the post of Deputy Le
Ranveer Singh's film, Dhurandhar: The Revenge, shows no signs of slowing down at the box office.
President Droupadi Murmu arrived at the Ram Temple in Ayodhya on the first day of Navaratri. She