Bangladesh Protests: At least 300 people have died so far in Bangladesh due to violence, and curfew imposed across the country


Posted on 5th Aug 2024 11:51 am by rohit kumar

Students' protest against reservation continues in Bangladesh. There is a curfew here at 6 pm on Sunday. According to a media report, at least 300 people have died in the violence so far, although no official statement has been issued in this regard. The protesters are organizing a long march to Dhaka today, violating the nationwide curfew.

 

More than 100 people, including 14 policemen, have died in the ongoing violence in Bangladesh. At the same time, hundreds have been injured. Meanwhile, a three-day holiday has also been announced in Bangladesh. The protesting students are continuously demanding the resignation of Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina.

 

Did you know?Explore Trending and Topic pages for more stories like this.

Where and how many died?

 

According to a report, five people have died during the violence in Feni. Apart from this, four people have died in Sirajganj, three in Munshiganj, three in Bogura, three in Magura, three in Bhola, three in Rangpur, two in Pabna, two in Sylhet, one in Comilla, one in Jaipurhat, one in Dhaka and one in Barisal.

 

The holiday will be on this day

 

According to local media, the Bangladesh administration has announced a three-day holiday on Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday to ensure public safety.

 

More than three hundred policemen injured

 

According to the Police Headquarters, 14 policemen have been killed across the country so far in the violence. Of these, 13 have died in Inayatpur police station of Sirajganj. The Bengali-language newspaper reported that one person died in Elliotganj of Comilla. Even more than 300 policemen have been injured.

 

What is the matter?

 

Let us tell you that recently there have been violent clashes between police and student protesters in Bangladesh. The protesting students are demanding the abolition of the controversial reservation system. Under this, 30 percent of government jobs have been reserved for the families of freedom fighters who fought for the independence of Bangladesh in the year 1971.

 

India asked its citizens to be alert

 

Earlier, India had asked its citizens living in Bangladesh to stay in touch and be alert. A social media post issued by the Assistant High Commission of India in Bangladesh said all Indian citizens, including students, living under the jurisdiction of the Indian Assistant High Commission in Sylhet are requested to stay in touch with this office and be alert. In case of any emergency, contact +88-01313076402.

 

Also Read: Nazul Bhoomi Bill: 'BJP is against home and family', Akhilesh challenges BJP; implement Nazul Bill across the country

1 Like 0 Dislike
Previous news Next news
Other news

'Ashamed of my son's mistake', says father of minor accused in Dwarka accident

I am ashamed of my son's actions. This mistake was made unknowingly. He, too, is a father and und

Uk Rider: 'Bigg Boss 17' fame Anurag Dobhal's brother makes cryptic post, makes serious allegations against YouTuber

Recently, YouTuber Anurag Dobhal posted a video on social media accusing his family, stating that

Amidst the controversy over the Asia Cup 2025, Son of Sardaar 2 actor Vindu Dara Singh gave such a reaction to the India-Pakistan tension.

These days, tension between India and Pakistan is once again in the news. After the terrorist att

Nagpur Violence: Rioters in Nagpur molested female police officers during the violence; FIR registered

In Nagpur, Maharashtra, on Monday night, protesters misbehaved with policemen on CA Road in Chitn

Trump is in damage control, PM Modi also extended the hand of friendship... What did the experts say on India-US relations?

US President Donald Trump recently praised Prime Minister Narendra Modi, calling him his friend a

The order to put QR codes on the dhabas on the Kanwar Yatra route is challenged in SC The hearing may take place on this day.

A petition has been filed in the Supreme Court challenging the order to put QR codes on the eater

Boycotting the match will be costly for Pakistan: What will Pakistan do if they face India in the knockout stage? This decision could have these consequences.

The Pakistani government and the Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) have refused to play the T20 World

'If India-Pakistan go to war, America will not compromise' is, a big statement by US President Donald Trump.

US President Donald Trump has once again taken credit for the India-Pakistan ceasefire and made a

Rules Change: From LPG, UPI to Railways, these major rules have changed from October 1

The month of October has begun today. The new month brings new changes. These changes directly im

Women's T20 WC: The Indian women's team will start its campaign against New Zealand, know the possible playing-11

The Women's T20 World Cup is starting from Thursday, but the Harmanpreet Kaur-led Indian team wil

Sign up to write
Sign up now if you have flare of writing..
Login   |   Register
Follow Us
Indyaspeak @ Facebook Indyaspeak @ Twitter Indyaspeak @ Pinterest RSS



Play Free Quiz and Win Cash