Wayanad Landslide: Rescue operation continues in Wayanad for the seventh day, death toll continues to rise; 180 people missing


Posted on 5th Aug 2024 11:41 am by rohit kumar

Wayanad Landslide There is devastation after a landslide in Wayanad, Kerala. The death toll has continuously increased since the landslide. Meanwhile, rescue and relief operations continued for the seventh consecutive day on Monday in the affected areas of Wayanad.

 

So far 387 are dead, and 180 missing

 

According to the news agency, PTI, the death toll has risen to 387 as of August 2. As of Sunday, 220 bodies have been recovered and 180 people are still missing.

 

A total of 53 camps have been set up in Wayanad as part of the relief operation. According to the information received so far, 6759 people including 1983 families, 2501 men, 2677 women, 1581 children, and 20 pregnant women have been shifted to these camps across the district.

 

The government has set up 16 camps in Meppadi and other gram panchayats, including 9 shelters and 7 rescue camps.

 

A mass funeral was conducted

 

Let us tell you that the massive landslide that occurred in Choorlamala and Mundakkai in Wayanad on July 30 caused massive destruction and loss of life and property. Late on Sunday night, the district administration performed a mass funeral of the bodies of unidentified people killed in the landslide.

 

Chief Minister Pinarayi Vijayan had earlier directed the district administration to complete the formalities with Sarvadharma prayers. Earlier, the Chief Minister's Office said that police night patrolling has been started in Choorlamala and Mundakkai areas.

 

Radars installed in rescue operation

 

The CMO statement warned of action against those who enter the homes or areas of the victims at night. The statement said that no one should enter the houses or areas of these places at night without the permission of the police for rescue operations.

 

At the request of the Kerala government, the Indian Air Force brought one ZAWER and four REECO radars from Siachen and Delhi for the search operation on August 3.

 

Also Read: Paris Olympics 2024: Athlete injured after being punched by a boxer who was disqualified from gender test, uproar ensued, Bhajji-Kangana also reacted

1 Like 0 Dislike
Previous news Next news
Other news

Bahraich Violence: Violence had erupted in Bahraich 41 years ago in October... This is why indiscriminate firing took place.

Last Sunday, in the Maharajganj town of Bahraich, after stone pelting during the Durga idol immer

IND vs AUS: Smith got out strangely, the ball hit the stumps after hitting the bat-pad, he did not even try to stop it

The fourth match of the five-match Test series between India and Australia is going on in Melbour

'Now even mutton-chicken eaters have become animal lovers...', why did the government say this in the Supreme Court in the case of stray dogs?

SC on stray dogs. Today again, the Supreme Court heard the case regarding stray dogs in Delhi-NCR

Salman Khan Gets Death Threat: Salman Khan has received death threats more than 12 times in 6 years, know who threatened him and when

Salman Khan, famous as the Dabangg hero in Bollywood, has been forced to live under heavy securit

Nikki Murder Case: Fourth arrest after husband, mother-in-law and brother-in-law in Nikki murder case, father-in-law also arrested from Sirsa crossroads

In the Nikki death case that took place in the Thana Kasna area of ​​Greater Noida in Gautam

Mahakumbh Stampede: 'VIP culture should end...' Rahul Gandhi's anger erupts on stampede; Akhilesh Yadav also gets angry at Yogi government

There was a stampede in the Sangam area of ​​Prayagraj on Tuesday night. Many people were inj

Dengue has declared 'epidemic' in Karnataka, Siddaramaiah government is in action mode; Heavy fines will be imposed on those who do not follow the rules

Karnataka Dengue Cases Karnataka is witnessing a steady increase in dengue cases. Due to the rapi

Shashi Tharoor: Surrounded by his people, Tharoor got BJP's support; Rijiju said- Is it forbidden to speak for the country in Congress?

Congress MP Shashi Tharoor is facing criticism from his party these days. Union Minister Kiren Ri

Who did the bomb blast?: New revelation in Rohini blast, police asked for details from Telegram

After the blast in Rohini, Delhi, late night, on Telegram channels run from Pakistan, it is being

The name of the first confirmed contestant of Bigg Boss 19 has been revealed. He will give a tough time to other contestants.

YouTuber Purav Jha was recently seen in Amazon Prime Video's reality show "The Traitors". Karan J

Sign up to write
Sign up now if you have flare of writing..
Login   |   Register
Follow Us
Indyaspeak @ Facebook Indyaspeak @ Twitter Indyaspeak @ Pinterest RSS



Play Free Quiz and Win Cash